Frontend Software Engineer
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and over 1 Million active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone. We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
About the Frontend Engineer Job:
As our Software Development Engineer focused on Security you will sit within our Security and Core Platform team, working closely with Infrastructure, engineering and product teams across the business. As a core member of our Security Engineering function, this role will see you being a critical part of the team helping to design and develop our infrastructure and its security standards. This is a hands-on role that requires experience and expertise in managing projects and processes related to the security of our networks, AWS cloud-based systems and applications. To be a success in this role you’ll relish the challenge of working in a business that has scaled rapidly over the last few years, and are ambitious to find elegant and simple solutions to complex security challenges at scale. We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our security engineering team who will:
- Develop, implement and maintain security protocols and practices in software applications
- Perform security audits and identify potential vulnerabilities in software products,
- Remedying and patching vulnerabilities
- Collaborate with other developers and engineers to evangelise security in building software
- Have a passion for and demonstrated experience in quality coding, through testing and test automation tools/frameworks
- Learn and collaborate with our highly respected and amazing Software Development Engineers
This position is ideally suited to someone who is passionate about complex frontend security challenges and is excited to join a high performing and supportive team as we move into our next period of major growth.
To be successful in joining Employment Hero, you’ll have:
- Experience in developing software, using microservices or SOA architecture for deployment on public clouds, preferably AWS
- Good understanding of database concepts and experience working with relational databases like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- Experience using Agile methodologies and working with Product teams
- Quality coding practices, including test-driven development, unit testing and secure coding awareness
- Experience in Object Orientated Programming (OOP)
- Fantastic communication - the ability to speak and write in English is essential
- Comfort and willingness to work from your home, working with teams across APAC
Nice to have skills and experience (if you have these you’ll really stand out!):
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Core, SQL Server
- Familiarity with security governance frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001, and OWASP
- Experience working at a SaaS and/or Start-up, due to our fast paced environment
- Have experience in mentoring team mates, or even leading a squad
- Familiarity with AWS tooling and environments, including EC2, Kubernetes, etc.
Some of the benefits of working with Employment Hero include:
- Self, health, wealth, and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues including an annual company trip abroad (Last year we went to Thailand!)
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero !
Apply now! We celebrate diverse perspectives and experiences, and we celebrate and invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.Not the exact right fit for you? We have Programmer/Developer roles requiring different skills across .Net and .Net Core, Ruby on Rails, Python, Node and React - head to https://employmenthero.com/careers to find out more.
Why join Employment Hero ?
★ Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2022, ranked #38 in Australia
★ LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
★ The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
★ Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
★ Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
★ LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
★ Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
★ Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
★ GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
★ HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
★ HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
★ HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
★ LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
★ EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018