Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role (What you’ll be doing)
We are hiring for a Commercial Analyst to join our Finance and Analytics team. This is an exciting role building financial visibility, driving performance and using data to improve decision making across our multiple digital clinics across Australia, UK, Germany and Japan plus our physical retail offerings.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, this role will require a strong operational skill set and the ability to use qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions about how to prioritise commercial opportunities and execute on complex cross functional initiatives with speed and efficiency. We're looking for a structured thinker who can get to simple on financial modelling and be involved from day one in meaningful work that will elevate the business and offerings for our patients.
As a young company with experimentation as part of our DNA, we frequently iterate to conviction with a strong hypotheses-led culture. The company sets quarterly OKRs and has the ability to rapidly shift gears in response to new insights or changing market conditions in order to deliver on our company-wide objectives. It is critical for us that you share these philosophies, are adaptable to constant change, and comfortable with solving for ambiguity.
- Lead our P&L reporting process for our business units and consolidated group, and engage with functional leads to enhance visibility over results
- Establish commercial guardrails and inputs for KPIs and our OKR process
- Work with our functional leads to use data to inform trade-offs between cost, quality and speed. We constantly decide on resourcing allocation, you will be a key part of this process.
- Build tools for teams to run their operations and analysis efficiently, and contribute to continuous improvement to our group investor reporting packs
- Align priorities cross-functionally, including working collaboratively with our centralised analytics function and controllership arm of Finance
Skills & mindset
- 3+ years of experience, either in-house as a commercial analyst or from a banking or finance career
- Experience analysing and consolidating reporting from multi-site/multi-entity businesses
- Excellent skills in core programs e.g. Excel
- Experience in commercial decision making and P&L management
- Able to influence others in the team and guide decision making
- Naturally empathetic, reliable, caring, with strong problem-solving skills
- Quick thinker, confident and entrepreneurial, able to make the complex - simple to facilitate executive decision making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Knowledge of SQL a bonus (or high willingness to build this)
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.