Engineering Team Lead
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$140M in funding from Australia and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into more markets, retail stores, and tackle new health conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role (What you'll be doing)
Eucalyptus is looking for a Engineering Team Lead to lead our Engagement team. This team owns the patient adherence loop infrastructure and experience on our Web and Mobile products. It currently comprises of 4 software engineers with plans to grow the team over the next year.
As an Engineering Team Lead, you will be:
- Leading, coach and developing our high performing engineers. You will manage engineers, and be responsible for the performance of this team and delivery of outcomes.
- Distilling business requirements into a clear roadmap on a quarterly basis, working closely wth product to ensure Eucalyptus achieves it’s goals. You’ll be owning the Engagement team’s domains and components with the team.
- Collaborating with engineering leadership on function wide initiatives and process improvements.
- Designing and evolving an effective engineering team. This includes hiring and understanding resourcing needs as we grow.
- Hands on with the team through coding, participating in code reviews and sparring on system design.
About you (Who you are)
- You have managed a team of engineers and are effective at performance management of your reports. You have experience managing competing priorities across new features, iterative improvement, and tech/operational debt, and scalability.
- You’ve worked with product managers, product designers and other teams to arrive to great outcomes.
- You’re passionate about inspiring and leading teams so that they understand what we’re doing and why. You thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment where you have to balance velocity of decision making and quality.
- You are a great problem solver when applying solutions to team design from the ground up, facilitating agile rituals, and actioning feedback.
- You have prior experience working on technically complex problems as a senior engineer and have recent hands on experience with some of our tech stack:
- Frontend: React (& React Native), Typescript, Apollo, Tailwind
- Backend: TypeScript, Node, GraphQL, PostgreSQL, GCP, GRPC
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.