Senior Golang Engineer
At FrankieOne, we believe verification and onboarding should be fast, frictionless, and flexible. We’re a trusted global identity and fraud detection engine that is passionate about protecting our customers and minimising their exposure to risk with a trusted experience that scales. We get up in the morning to help companies change the way they serve their people by complying with regulations, detecting fraud and verifying their end users. Our culture is what makes Frankie a great place to work. When you join the FrankieOne team, you’re joining an energetic and passionate group of people who love nothing more than solving problems and dreaming big in the process.
We are looking for an experienced Golang developer to join our software development team. You know how to build secure, robust, and flexible APIs and "right-sized" services in a modern, cloud environment.
Your ticket to success:
- Be an advocate. For Frankie, for the product, for our people and for our values.
- Collaborate. An active participant in our regular scrum rituals, you partner not only with your squad team but the broader engineering department and across Frankie.
- Build with Quality. You are able to turn stories into clean, well-tested code that will have a direct impact on Frankie's ability to scale globally. You also work closely with the QA team to ensure you're handing over code that meets requirements.
- Inspire. You bring your experience of other languages to the table. However, you. have a passion for Golang and how it can be used to best effect.
- Innovate through Curiosity. You work with your colleagues to solve problems, ask questions and co-ordinate on the best ways of working together, leading other engineers to follow suit.
In a previous life you have:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience (with at least 12 months of Golang).
- Experience using frameworks/techs like Gin and OpenAPI/Swagger to define & create complex API services.
- Experience using cloud services and others to help build complex systems.
- A love for writing clean, well-tested code. Using Golang's testing framework will be second nature to you.
- Exposure to working with CI/CD pipelines.
Our benefits & ways of working
- Pick your own tech. We want you to be comfortable with your technology. That's why every employee is given an allowance to purchase the technology they want. Team PC or Team Mac, we won't judge!
- Ongoing Development Opportunities. We pride ourselves on our culture of continuous development and learning.
- Hybrid Working: At a minimum we come together on Wednesdays and Fridays so we can maintain our vibrant office culture. Part of the Stone & Chalk startup ecosystem, our offices come with a LOT of perks and community events including weekly breakfast, fortnightly 'Chalk Chills' drinks and 'Sweet Spot'.
- Enhanced Parental Leave. We offer up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary (with the option to swap in if needed).
- Team Building & Social Events. Trivia or board game fan? We have you covered. We run regular team building and social events to maximise collaboration across teams.
- MERCH: On starting, you will receive a coveted Frankie hoody and t-shirt.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success here at FrankieOne. We welcome and value all religions, national origins, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, marital status, age profiles, and those with specific needs. We are also aware that women and other marginalised people may only apply if they tick every box. However, even if you don't meet every single point on our job description, as long as you meet any essential criteria, and are motivated and curious to learn then please get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and take it from there!