Director, Global Tax
The next chapter of our growth story needs YOU!
At Go1, we have grown from humble beginnings into the world's largest aggregator of educational content. We give organizations and their employees access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet. Millions of people are using it to unlock their positive potential. We're endlessly curious, collaborative, and inspired by life-long learning. Although we have different backgrounds, we share the same vision; to reach a billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning. We owe it all to our people. Every win… every idea… every extra mile. They've made us who we are. And there's so much still to do – so much opportunity for you to own. Together, we're on a path to improving a billion lives and a culture where everyone can thrive
Why You'll Love This Role:
In this newly created role reporting to our SVP Corporate Controller, the Director of Global Tax will provide critical enterprise-wide leadership and drive our global tax strategy including tax provision, tax planning and tax compliance. This leader will work closely with Go1’s accounting, finance and HR teams to support the overall financial objectives of the organization. This is a chance for you to join a scaling ed-tech company where you will not only work on the everyday stuff but be part of material projects that will help us go to the next level.
What does a Director of Global Tax do every day at Go1?
- Lead the quarterly and annual tax reporting process, managing the collaboration with the accounting team as well as maintaining excellent relationships with external auditors
- Ensure compliance with US, Australian and international tax laws and regulations and other domestic and international requirements
- Actively partner with foreign operations on local tax matters (income tax, VAT, withholding tax, etc.)
- Manage indirect tax compliance and risks, advise on employment tax
- Lead global projects, review tax opportunities, develop forecasts and optimize tax operations
- Continue to develop and implement transfer pricing strategy, monitor transfer pricing policies and related documentation
- Be the technical leader on all tax accounting matters.
- Maintain knowledge of current and proposed tax laws and analyze their impact on the Company.
- Research technical tax matters and prepare documentation to support tax positions
- Support strategic tax planning, identify, recommend, and implement policies, procedures and best practices
- Champion operational excellence through process improvement and technology transformation
Why You're a Great Fit:
A slam dunk is someone with knowledge of both Australian and US tax. You will be hands on, a “one person shop” that can build a small team over time with enough experience to manage a complex tax strategy, provide strategic advice and manage complex external relationships. Implementing international strategy and having a point of view on entity structure is something is you have done before and comfortable taking charge on.
You will have:
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a combination of Big 4 public accounting and industry experience
- Proven ability to conduct thorough tax research
- Experience and understanding of Tax Residency and Corporate Tax requirements
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with operational leadership
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in a fast moving, high growth environment with ability to react quickly to unexpected challenges and opportunities
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate complex subject matter to leadership, peers and other levels in the company
- Extremely well organized and able to manage work requirements to meet reporting deadlines
Join our team at Go1 and be at the forefront of transforming education through innovative learning solutions. Together, we can change the world. One learner at time.
While technical skills are important, it is just as important for us find people who will positively contribute to our diverse culture. We welcome you to apply, even if you don't exactly meet the criteria above.
#LI-AUEAST #LI-REMOTE #LI-JC2
Perks and Benefits
What makes Go1 special? Every one of our employees. When we work together, great things happen! When you join the Go1 team, you not only get to work with an outstanding bunch of people, but you're also supported to continue your own personal growth and development in an inclusive and flexible environment, with benefits including:
- Competitive incentive plan in addition to salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Flexible approach to work
- Monthly Internet and phone bills reimbursement
- Unlimited access to the Go1 Learning Hub, and mentorship program
- Professional development fund
- Volunteer leave to give back to the community
- Flexible public holidays - take the days off that are important to you, swap out the ones that are not
- 18 weeks full pay parental leave, plus support for parents returning to work
- Wellness initiatives and an Employee Assistance Program
- Free on-site snacks and weekly lunch
We are committed to facilitating a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodations, we welcome you to let us know so we can work with you to participate fully in our recruitment experience.