Senior Product Designer
When it comes to food experience, me&u helps you always feel like a local. The company’s vision is to bring that feeling to everyone, anywhere - so no matter what neighbourhood you live in or visit, you’ll always know the perfect place to go and exactly what to order.
me&u is used by 6000+ bars, pubs, and restaurants to create memorable guest experiences and grow their brands. With 200 staff in five countries, and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, me&u is the consolidation of two leading hospitality technology companies: Mr Yum and me&u, who merged in November 2023.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Join us and have a positive impact on the hospitality industry by designing frictionless and engaging experiences for venues, staff and guests.
You'll work collaboratively with Product Managers, Engineers and other Product Designers, infusing your user-centred thinking to support all areas of the business.
The perfect candidate for this role is a data-driven designer with equal parts creative eye and analytical rigor. You'll take ownership of the design of a product area, build confidence in solutions and work iteratively, while considering the larger picture of your work on the hospitality industry.
We believe in hiring bold, smart people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t match exactly with the points outlined here, we still encourage you to apply.
We're open to this role being based in either Melbourne, Sydney or remote from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be responsible for the end-to-end design of me&u's products that drive guests to return to venues time and time again - these are our marketing and growth tools.
- Contribute to product strategy and identify opportunities to improve and build upon our products
- Work closely with the team to investigate user problems & design interactive experiences to solve them
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Understand business needs and technical constraints to find the best possible outcome
- Plan and conduct user interviews, user surveys, usability tests and run internal workshops
- Pair with engineers to ship high quality solutions and improvements
- Share your work early and often with others and foster an open culture to help make unified decisions
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- You have strong knowledge of design systems, interaction design, and information architecture principles
- You have experience conducting user research & making decisions based on data
- You can lead projects from end to end & effectively collaborate with cross functional teams
- You have excellent communication skills, and the ability to articulate complex design concepts in simple terms
- You love tackling ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals and easy to understand solutions
- You have design leadership traits and/or experience
- You interpret data and qualitative feedback to make fast design decisions
- You can present your designs and insights with stakeholders in an engaging and succinct way to help convince others of your reasoning
- You have experience using industry tools such as Figma, Dovetail and Notion
- You have a growth mindset. Our team moves fast!
NICE TO HAVE
- You have experience working on B2B SaaS products or complex enterprise apps
- You're experienced with UX writing and can write instructional copy that is helpful for users whilst aligned with our brand tone of voice
- You're excited to share your knowledge or skills with others, levelling up those around you
- You care about designing for all users, and consider accessibility and localisation as part of your process
- You care deeply about the hospitality industry. You're constantly observing your experiences at venues to think about how they could be improved and are interested in getting to know the operations of a restaurant
- You know what it's like working in a high growth scale-up, bringing an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to own projects from start to finish
Work with impact and purpose. We’re helping the hospitality and entertainment industries to thrive and me&u is at the forefront of this. Expect collaboration and interesting problems to solve.
Work with great people. Work alongside a supportive, diverse and inclusive team. You’ll have the trust, freedom and support to experiment and not be afraid of failure but to learn from it...and have fun together along the way.
Work that challenges you. We’re growing quickly, and you will too. You’ll have numerous opportunities to embrace discomfort, grow and learn as me&u expands and scales globally.
Work that works for you. We’re a flexible, remote-friendly place with inclusive leave options and day-to-day work times to suit your routine. We prioritise our team’s mental health & overall wellbeing, with access to mental health days and support programs.
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive me&u community. That’s why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.