Business Development Representative
When it comes to food experience, me&u helps you always feel like a local. The company’s vision is to bring that feeling to everyone, anywhere - so no matter what neighbourhood you live in or visit, you’ll always know the perfect place to go and exactly what to order.
me&u is used by 6000+ bars, pubs, and restaurants to create memorable guest experiences and grow their brands. With 200 staff in five countries, and headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, me&u is the consolidation of two leading hospitality technology companies: Mr Yum and me&u, who merged in November 2023.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Business Development Representative at me&u, this role sees you playing a critical part in the me&u outbound growth strategy in the USA. Working closely with our talented Sales team, you’ll act as the first point of contact for our prospective customers and will be responsible for generating interest.
This is an outbound role and is focused on prospecting, qualifying and engaging with prospective businesses to spark an interest and setting meetings with the best hospitality groups assigned to you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prospecting leads using all the latest tools, as well as old favorites like calls, emails and SMS
- Qualifying venues and, if they meet our criteria, arranging meetings with a member of our Sales team
- Participating in strategic outreach campaigns, targeting highly segmented categories
- Learning and understanding our customers' unique situations, and establishing if me&u is of value to them
- Contributing to market intelligence, team learning and coaching
- Working with various Sales team members on strategic projects in line with company initiatives or new areas of growth
- Keeping up to date on market challenges, opportunities and news
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Be extremely hungry! This is a hunter role, someone who is motivated by activity, leaderboard and winning is important
- 1 -2+ years experience in similar new business roles
- Have demonstrable cold call, prospecting and lead management experience
- Be confident on the phone with new people
- Care deeply about and have experience of the hospitality industry
- Will be a self starter that understands outbound activity is required in this role
- You understand the need for resilience is part of your week, and are happy to get stuck in
- Ability to adapt to changes in the business. I.e. you may be working on one project one week and the next week, the business needs you to focus on a different project. This may even include working close with a different member of the Sales team
- You are looking for opportunities to further your career by making an impact in this role, learning from people who have done this before and joining a company that is on a rapid growth trajectory
- You will have a humble, growth mindset and love the idea that as part of a high performing team you will contribute to the expansion of the me&u community
NICE TO HAVE
- Ability to take the initiative without needing to be told what needs to be done to secure the outcome we are working toward
- Attention to detail when sending follow up emails to prospective venues; i.e. no spelling mistakes, the email is concise, flows well, etc
- You are diligent with keeping our company CRM updated with new contacts, scheduling follow up calls and notes on call outcomes
- A never give up attitude – cold calling can be very demotivating at times. You recognise that if you are consistent with your approach, you will get the outcome you are looking for
Work with impact and purpose. We’re helping the hospitality and entertainment industries to thrive and me&u is at the forefront of this. Expect collaboration and interesting problems to solve.
Work with great people. Work alongside a supportive, diverse and inclusive team. You’ll have the trust, freedom and support to experiment and not be afraid of failure but to learn from it...and have fun together along the way.
Work that challenges you. We’re growing quickly, and you will too. You’ll have numerous opportunities to embrace discomfort, grow and learn as me&u expands and scales globally.
Work that works for you. We’re a flexible, remote-friendly place with inclusive leave options and day-to-day work times to suit your routine. We prioritise our team’s mental health & overall wellbeing, with access to mental health days and support programs.
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
We’re committed to growing and empowering an inclusive me&u community. That’s why we actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you require accessibility assistance at any stage of the process, please let us know.