Senior Mobile Developer
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
This role plays a pivotal part in our quest to help pet parents pet-better. For us, that means ensuring our customers have a first-class experience, regardless of what platform they choose to engage with us on. We’ve recently launched our first mobile app, but there’s still a lot of work to do and we have big plans in terms of the class-leading capability we want to offer our customers. From building out new features, fixing bugs and ensuring speed and reliability, you will have the opportunity to shape something creative and unique. We are currently looking for a talented Senior Mobile Developers across Android and iOS and you will be supported by our Mobile Product Manager and wider Engineering team to ensure you have what you need to succeed.
- Build new features, enhance existing features and ensure app speed and reliability
- Provide subject matter, technical and leadership expertise in mobile app development.
- Display advanced API skills along with other related technologies, libraries and build systems.
- Provide rapid prototype ideas in an agile team with quickly evolving requirements;
- Ensure high quality standards and contribute to UX and design discussions.
- Continually improve the underlying codebase and architecture (improves while building) to conform to standards
- Delivering the company strategic goals through communication with key external stakeholders such as Product managers, to continually improve on deliverables of current and future business requirements.
- Engaging in stand-ups, work in multi-functional and geographically remote teams.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior members of the Engineering team.
What Success Looks Like
- You’re smashing goals and having fun while doing it!
- Your peers enjoy working with you and you’re positively contribute to the culture at Pet Circle
- Our customers have a beautiful, reliable and intuitive mobile experience, that integrates seamlessly with our wider business
- You feel supported, empowered and respected - allowing you to get on with what you do best.
Your Ideal Experience
- Previous commercial experience using React Native
- Experience working as a Senior Engineer and managing or coaching more junior team members
- Experience across Android/iOS Development
- Experience with Expo and React
- Experience with Redux or MobX
- Web services and APIs: GraphQL, REST, gRPC
- Microservices, Docker, Kubernetes
- Knowledge of CI/CD, and automation
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL
- Exposure to cloud technologies (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Sydney based
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 4 days in our pet friendly CBD offices and 1 day working from home (or the office, if you prefer!)
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
Culture first. Every time. Our values of Better Together, Pets Matter, Instinctively Curious and Humble Hearts, Hungry Minds, mean the world to us!
We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people. For new parents, we offer generous leave for primary and secondary carers.
Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day. This includes things like Recharge Days and a discounted ClassPass subscription.
A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support through our communities through team charity volunteer days
At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.