AirTree - Investment Manager/Associate
AirTree is looking to add an Investment Manager/Associate to our team!
AirTree is a venture capital firm with a mission to back the most ambitious Australian and Kiwi founders who are building the iconic technology companies of tomorrow, right from the start. As one of the largest and most active funds in Australia and New Zealand, you'll be working with 80+ of the most exciting startups in our region, including Canva, Linktree, Who Gives a Crap, Employment Hero, Go1, Brighte, Eucalyptus, Immutable and Mr Yum.
In early 2022, we announced a new $700m fund with $250m dedicated to investing in early stage companies.
We're a down-to-earth team from diverse backgrounds but with the same passion: startups and technology. We've written a lot about what we do at AirTree, check out our blog and our team bios on our website.
We are committed to building a world-class VC platform for Australia and New Zealand startups with global ambitions. This is an opportunity to help shape AirTree and make an impact on our region's tech ecosystem.
About the role:
We are looking to add an investor to our team - we think of this role as a Venture MBA, a 2-3 year education in venture capital. You will become an integral part of our investment team and be involved in the entire process from sourcing, to investment, to working with our companies and helping them succeed. You will be based in Sydney but will travel within Australia and beyond, as well as attend events and more.
What happens after you spend 2-3 years with us? That’s entirely up to you and we’ll help you figure it out. Maybe you’ll join one of our portfolio companies, work on your own startup, or we can explore options for you to continue your VC career here with us at Airtree.
This is a full time, permanent role.
What you’ll do:
Your primary role will be to help find and evaluate startups for investment but there is much more to it than just that. Working together with the Investment Committee at AirTree, you will:
- help us find the next Aussie unicorn by proactively meeting new companies as well as reviewing incoming investment leads
- help us prioritise the many opportunities that we see each month and conduct due diligence on early stage companies we are considering partnering with
- represent AirTree at events and in the broader tech ecosystem
- work together closely with our companies as they grow
- build and maintain great relationships with various stakeholders in the ecosystem and help us build on our reputation for being a founder-friendly partner to some of the most successful startups in Aus.