Implementation Manager, EMR Integrations
We are a hybrid, remote-friendly culture, with our company headquarters based in San Francisco. Candidates anywhere in the US are encouraged to apply.
Ambience Healthcare is building the AI operating system for healthcare, with the mission of supercharging healthcare workers with AI superpowers.
Over the past several years, healthcare organizations and health systems have been approaching a critical turning point: workforce shortages and clinician burnout are at an all-time high, cutting into already-razor-thin margins and posing critical operational challenges. Organizations are finding themselves under immense pressure to address burnout and increase access to care, all while maintaining profitability despite declining reimbursement rates.
Until now, they have been unable to find any viable solutions to this productivity and morale crisis.
Ambience Healthcare was founded after 2.5 years of R&D in large language model (LLM) technology to address one of the most impactful productivity opportunities in healthcare: clinical documentation. The most painful part of a clinician’s day consists of hours of late-night administrative work, writing detailed documentation in the medical record for each of their visits. The contents of each medical note are critical for reimbursement, compliance, downstream clinical quality measures, and for other care team members to understand what happened to each patient.
Ambience's flagship product, Ambience AutoScribe, is a best-in-class AI medical scribe that captures the nuances of clinician-patient conversation in real-time into comprehensive medical documentation within the EMR. On average, Ambience saves 16+ hours of tedious note-taking per clinician per week. Today, AutoScribe is available across 18+ specialties and is used by clinicians at leading healthcare organizations for every single one of their shifts.
For the first time in years, clinicians are able to get home on time for dinner without any documentation homework. And as a result, they now refuse to practice without AutoScribe.
As we experience unprecedented pull from the market for our products, we’re actively expanding our team of world-class talent across sales, marketing, product, engineering, clinical, and customer success functions.
At Ambience, you’ll be surrounded by an exceptional team of A-players who are kind, humble, curious, and deeply aligned with the core mission of improving the lives of clinicians and their patients, including:
- 2nd-time founders in healthcare who previously built a virtual care platform
- the author of a leading deep learning textbook
- co-founder of Cruise’s ML platform team
- co-founder of Rev.com’s automated speech recognition team
- Former principal architect at Palantir
- Founder of Reddit's web platform team
- former Head of Growth from a leading tech-enabled primary care group
What You'll Do
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you'll lead the integration of Ambience into various healthcare organizations' EMR systems, tackling unique challenges with your strategic and problem-solving abilities. Embracing the variety of tasks that each day brings, you'll drive collaboration with stakeholders to execute the perfect integration strategy.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Dive into the intricacies of healthcare IT infrastructure, collaborating with healthcare IT departments and EMR vendors to co-design tailored and scalable integration solutions
- Lead and manage multiple integration projects, ensuring smooth execution from initiation to closure, while maintaining clear communication with all partners
- Work closely with Ambience Product Managers and Engineers to define and integrate Ambience technology into new EMRs, capturing user workflows and converting them into well-defined technical specifications
- Act as a trusted advisor to healthcare organizations, guiding them through complex integration projects and supporting them with customized recommendations
- Design QA tests to ensure the seamless functionality of each integration and collaboratively triage and resolve pre-launch integration issues with health system IT analysts
- Lead the go-live and training of clinicians and internal/external support teams, while addressing any post-integration issues and providing ongoing support when needed
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities for process improvement, efficiency, and scalability in our approach to integration
What We Value
- A strong track record of leading large, complex projects involving multiple stakeholders, especially in B2B software solutions deployment
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills
- A relentless curiosity for understanding healthcare IT infrastructure and EMR systems
- Self-driven and resourceful, willing to take on challenges in a high ambiguity environment
- Willingness to travel 4x per year for team offsite events and clinician shadowing sessions
- 5+ years of experience in TPM, PM or Solutions Engineering roles
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing TPM, PM or Solutions Engineering role
- Experience deploying B2B software in the healthcare industry
- Deep understanding of EMR systems and healthcare IT infrastructure
- Engineering degree or equivalent professional experience
- Willing to commute to our SF office 3x / week
$150,000 - $175,000, with a meaningful equity stake.
Being at Ambience:
- An opportunity to work with cutting edge AI technology, on a product that dramatically improves the quality of life for healthcare providers and the quality of care they can provide to their patients
- Dedicated budget for personal development, including access to world class mentors, advisors, and an in-house executive coach
- Work alongside a world-class, diverse team that is deeply mission aligned
- Ownership over your success and the ability to significantly impact the growth of our company
- Competitive salary and equity compensation with benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, paid maternity/paternity leave, quarterly retreats, unlimited PTO, and a 401(k) plan
We’re fortunate to be backed by:
- Top-tier venture firms: Andreessen Horowitz, Kleiner Perkins, and Human Capital
- The best minds in AI: OpenAI Startup Fund, Jeff Dean, Richard Socher, Pieter Abbeel, AIX Ventures, and others
- Healthcare industry leaders: Optum Ventures, Martin Ventures, the Frist family, Randy Parker, Anne Wojcicki, Jay Desai, Nish Bhat, Eren Bali, and others