Senior Product Owner - Acquisition
Meet Athena, the Home Loan Wrecker
Athena Home Loans launched in 2019 to help Aussie borrowers save money and pay down their home loans faster. Athena's digital mortgage platform radically simplifies the application process passing on the savings to customers at better rates. Customers switching to Athena are saving ~ $60,000 over the life of their loans.
Athena has built Australia's first cloud-native home loan platform, covering the full value chain to acquire, originate, service and fund residential mortgages. Fintechs targeting mortgages are typically only focusing on a narrow layer of the value chain (e.g. originations), then handing back to legacy bank systems. By tackling the full stack, Athena aims to cut the cost of running a mortgage business by 70% vs. legacy players, providing a sustainable advantage.
Athena has been recognised amongst multiple consumer lending and industry awards including Canstar Outstanding Value and Innovation Excellence awards, RateCity and Mozo awards, and Fintech Lender and Fintech CEO of the year.
We’re looking for a highly experienced Senior Product Owner to join Athena. You will work closely with designers and engineers within an agile customer squad to define and deliver on a best-in-class digital home loan journey for our customers through the Direct channel. You will engage with a broad set of stakeholders across Product, Marketing, Sales, and Operations to run technology delivery and growth programs.
You will build, maintain and deliver on a customer roadmap to build features and enrich the experience for:
- Our website, and how we activate and sell our proposition to users via content, tools, experiences and human engagement
- Our digital application journey and customer tracker, and how we capture quality customer, financial, property and identity data to enable high and fast conversion to approval at a low cost of origination
- Our Broker portal, and how we make it easy for Brokers to manage applications on behalf of customers
- Our mobile apps (iOS and Android) to create an engaging and rich experience for customers in managing their loan
You’re impact driven and an expert at driving growth with a deep understanding of the metrics that matter across volume, conversion and customer engagement, with the ability to prioritise a balanced and well scoped roadmap.
You’re delivery driven and know building wonderful relationships with your squad and broader teams is critical to being successful.
You’re thoughtful and pragmatic, with an entrepreneurial spark and can communicate exceptionally well across the whole business and deeply into your squad. Having you around makes everyone better.
Core priorities this role will focus on are:
- Squad Product Ownership: Be the Product Owner in the squad, bringing clarity to what is needed and why. Help them continue to be great.
- Backlog grooming & prioritisation: Maintain a brilliant backlog, ensuring priorities can deliver on the product roadmap and are balanced with optimisation initiatives. Keep a healthy amount of user stories ready, manage cross-squad dependencies and implement the most efficient sequencing for development
- Cross functional engagement: Collaborate with a broad range of internal (from Marketing to Risk to Workplace Technology), and external stakeholders to gather requirements, participate in vendor review and selection processes, communicate timelines and releases to get the right level of input in building the best product
- User Story creation: Anticipating and understanding requirements for prioritised initiatives and translating these into well-defined user stories and acceptance criteria for the squad. Be great at analysis and deeply skilled at data to understand this domain exceptionally well.
- Product delivery: Work closely with your counterparts within the squad - design leadership and engineering leadership to deliver incremental product enhancements, supporting the squad to ensure acceptance criteria and expected outcomes are met. You will actively lead and participate in scrum ceremonies, including grooming, retros, planning and stand-ups creating a smooth operating rhythm for delivery. You will ensure stakeholders are deeply engaged and informed on delivery and release updates
- Product planning & strategy: Partner with the Head of Acquisition Product in exploring and defining a strategy and product roadmap, working to execute and iteratively deliver on the product roadmap by translating a high-level vision into an MVP, and series of incremental deliveries
- Product maintenance: Conduct analysis of incidents and problems as they arise on your product. Make the process of root cause and solution identification as seamless as possible. Prioritise any fixes into the sprint backlog
- Operational excellence: Identify and implement process improvements to increase the velocity and quality of work to deliver value to customers faster
- Leadership: Act as a multiplier for your squad and stakeholders, by embodying Athena’s values to bind the many functions that interact with Product to run a smooth development and delivery process
What Athena offers
We're here to help people rewrite their future stories and show Australia there's a lender on their side.We're focused on better.
We lead with heart. In a very short time, we've shaken up the Australian market and put the banks on notice.
Our pretty powerful 'why'- setting people free - is working.
Freedom is not just reserved for customers.
We're on a liberating adventure to give everyone the freedom to rewrite their future stories.
You are awesome. Seriously. We have 100% belief in you.
You're free to be yourself.
Work's gotta be fun. It's gotta be rewarding. So don't hold back.
Our bunch of diverse individuals wear what they want, speak their mind and let their own brand of freak fly.
By learning a lot about different roles, viewpoints and personalities, we all grow in ways we don't expect.
You are can-do, will-do and continually looking for better ways.
If working closely with others and shaping the business that's quickly reshaping home loans excites you, get in touch and start your new adventure.
Now's the time.
To grasp every opportunity, we move with speed and we're straight up with passionate views loosely held.
At Athena we are committed to a workplace that embraces diversity, equality, and inclusion. Athenians are free to let their own brand of freak fly.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.