Customer Success Manager, EMEA
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Build with certainty, operate with confidence. That’s why thousands of construction, oil and gas, and renewable energy companies use DroneDeploy on a daily basis. We help them automate reality capture using drones, robots, and 360 cameras – combining this data in one platform for AI-powered analysis. From aerial and ground views of construction progress to automated gauge readings and methane leak detection, DroneDeploy is shaping the future of reality capture.
At DroneDeploy, we thrive in a remote-first culture, powered by innovation. Growth is limitless, and employee contributions matter. With accolades as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and a spot on America’s Best Startups list, our team is dynamic, purpose-driven, and dedicated to delivering top-tier reality capture software. We cultivate an environment of opportunity. Our dynamic growth is fueled by the diverse range of ideas nurtured by our team. This is why our commitment to internal advancement is profound. A multitude of paths for professional and personal development are available, where flexible schedules, family-friendly benefits, and remote work options propel our team's journey.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for enabling customers post-sales, driving adoption within their organization and ensuring high retention and account growth. You will bring strong relationship-building experience, strategic thinking, product knowledge, technical aptitude and empathy toward ensuring the customer’s success.
This role works directly with our customers as their trusted advisor, product expert, and advocate. This position is an integral part of DroneDeploy’s success. Our ideal candidates love nurturing customer relationships and driving value.
This role requires a technical background, with a strong emphasis on GIS, Photogrammetry, Reality Capture Hardware (drones, 360 cameras), and APIs. The ability to coordinate well and work with customers and team members across time zones is crucial.
- Onboarding and enabling Enterprise accounts to ensure quickest time to value with the DroneDeploy platform
- Consult with existing and prospective customers to identify the current state of their reality capture program, identify and document current pain points, collaborate on solutions, and drive successful evaluations to align their needs with DroneDeploy’s solutions
- Develop and maintain trusted advisor relationships with stakeholders and users in your account portfolio
- Develop a mastery of DroneDeploy solutions, business model, services and Customer Success best practices
- Act as the voice of the customer, advocating the customer’s point of view and provide detailed internal feedback to cross-functional teams regarding how DroneDeploy can better serve our customers, improve their experience, and better the customers’ outcomes with our services
- Identify opportunities to develop new training and enablement materials designed to ensure successful customer onboarding, support business-wide adoption, and deepen DroneDeploy proficiency
- Co-manage the renewals process with aligned Account Executive and accurately forecast renewals for aligned customer base to achieve high net retention numbers
- Track accounts to identify churn risk and work proactively to increase health on accounts
- Identify account expansion and cross-organizational opportunities for growth and work with your Enterprise Account Executive counterpart to ensure a successful close
- Impart strategic leadership and direction on all aspects of DroneDeploy products and services
- Act as the Product liaison for your customer base, providing our internal teams with feedback and closing the loop with customers
- Assist with the post-sales technical process: installation, deployment, training, technical check-ups and escalation management.
- Work with the Services team to deliver technical on-site trainings and flight services to help enable customers achieve faster time to value
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing, B2B role with Customer Success, Account Management, Professional Services, Solutions Engineering, or other customer-facing roles in the Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewables or related industries.
- Prior experience with a SaaS company or working knowledge of enterprise SaaS products
- Proven track record in managing Enterprise customer relationships and delivering results
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth B2B SaaS technology environment, supporting Enterprise software
- Data-driven and strategic thinker who is able to consult with customers to drive adoption within their program
- Exceptional ability in organization, project management, time management, and communication skills
- You are a resourceful and creative problem solver, never losing sight of the “why” behind the “what”
- You are comfortable with rapid-paced startup environments where many hats are to be worn
- Diligence and organization in follow-up processes - document all calls/customer interactions in CRM
- Experience working interdepartmentally alongside Sales, Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Executive teams
- Excellent communication skills and intermediate fluency in English, both written and spoken, to interact with colleagues, customers, and partners. Proficiency in German, French, or Spanish is a plus.
- Background in the AEC, Energy & Renewables a plus
- Background in GIS or photogrammetry a plus
- Experience working in the DroneDeploy or other reality capture software
- Work Location – In-office, ability to regularly work from our London office
- Work Hours - Able to work between Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm (GMT+1)
- Travel – Must be able to travel 50% of the time [domestically and/or internationally] for work-related events such as customer onsites, conferences, company in-person gatherings and organized training events.
- A2 CofC Pilot Certification to allow for sUAS flights within the UK
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.