Senior Manager of Business Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
Build with certainty, operate with confidence. That’s why thousands of construction, oil and gas, and renewable energy companies use DroneDeploy on a daily basis. We help them automate reality capture using drones, robots, and 360 cameras – combining this data in one platform for AI-powered analysis. From aerial and ground views of construction progress to automated gauge readings and methane leak detection, DroneDeploy is shaping the future of reality capture.
At DroneDeploy, we thrive in a remote-first culture, powered by innovation. Growth is limitless, and employee contributions matter. With accolades as a Best Place to Work in the SF Bay Area and a spot on America’s Best Startups list, our team is dynamic, purpose-driven, and dedicated to delivering top-tier reality capture software. We cultivate an environment of opportunity. Our dynamic growth is fueled by the diverse range of ideas nurtured by our team. This is why our commitment to internal advancement is profound. A multitude of paths for professional and personal development are available, where flexible schedules, family-friendly benefits, and remote work options propel our team's journey.
As the Senior Manager of Business Operations at DroneDeploy, you will play a critical role in driving the company's success through a combination of chief of staff duties, corporate-wide project management (including mergers & acquisitions), and management of OKRs. While you will report to the Chief Financial Officer, you will serve as CEO/CFO/Exec Team's trusted thought partner to support strategic planning, operational & cross-functional execution, and managing the operational cadence of the business as it relates to goal setting, measurement, and internal communication.
Chief of Staff Duties responsibilities:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO & CFO and provide high-level strategic support to the business.
- Act as a liaison between leadership and various departments, facilitating communication and ensuring alignment with company goals.
- Coordinate and prepare materials for executive meetings, including agendas, metrics and reports.
Corporate-Wide Project Management (Including Mergers & Acquisitions) responsibilities:
- Oversee cross-functional projects, processes & workflows, including mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and other strategic initiatives.
- Streamline, standardize, and document processes across the organization with the goal of minimizing operational debt.
- Develop project plans, collaborate with teams to allocate resources, and establish RACI models for company projects.
- Monitor project progress, report to leadership, and make necessary adjustments to meet objectives.
OKRs Management responsibilities:
- Manage the setting of OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) across the organization.
- Collaborate with department heads to define, track, and measure OKRs that align with company goals.
- Regularly assess and report on OKR progress, making recommendations for improvements to OKRs and to the OKR-setting process.
- Ensure transparency and accountability in OKR execution and results.
Strategic Planning & Analysis responsibilities:
- Support the strategic planning process: identify key business drivers and enable data-driven decision-making to prioritize initiatives and goals
- Provide business visibility and data insights that drive decision making across departments and stakeholders.
- Prepare and present models, dashboards and reports to executive leadership on key performance metrics and business trends.
- Collaborate with Finance, Revenue Operations and Analytics teams to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- 1-5yrs experience in a similar role, within a SaaS or technology company.
- Prior experience in investment banking or management consulting preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field (MBA preferred).
- Strong project management skills, including experience with mergers & acquisitions.
- Proficiency in OKR methodology and implementation.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Available to travel domestically occasionally for work-related events such as conferences, company in-person gatherings, pieces of training
Employee Offerings & Benefits include:
(may vary by location)
Innovative company culture
Drone pilot certification
Flexible work schedules
Flexible work location
Family paid leave
Paid healthcare for employees
Professional development & career advancements
Wellbeing activities (live & on-demand)
Flexible paid time off
Employee referral bonus
DroneDeploy is an equal opportunity employer.
All DroneDeploy employees are responsible for assisting in protecting the company and customer data by following information security policies and procedures.
Please refer to our Recruitment Privacy Notice for information about privacy during the recruiting process.