Full-Stack Software Engineer
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and over 1 Million + active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone for their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
About our Full-Stack Software Engineering job
The eBenefits & Payments squad is a fast-scaling team within Employment Hero. It's focus is on building products that improve employee engagement, through reward and recognition products, and employee perks and benefits, including our discount marketplace, and finance products, like InstaPay.
Our eBenefits team are building brand new products for our end users (B2C), which complement and enhance our already broad range of Human Resource SaaS products. We're in the thick of developing a SuperApp, which encompasses our current offerings, with some new and first of their kind products within the Fintech and Careers/Lifestyle space.
As a growing team, we need innovative and passionate Fullstack Software Development Engineers to join the squad who will:
- Develop new product lines with new critical features, using our techstack which includes Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, ReactJS, React Native, within an AWS Cloud environment using EC2 and Kubernetes
- Provide your input into our technical strategy with your squad, including participating in sprint planning
- Develop code for the frontend, mobile and backends environments as an end-to-end full-stack developer,
- Ensure both your colleagues and yourself are producing high quality code through testing and code reviews
- Share your knowledge with your squad and mentor junior developers
- Learn and collaborate with highly respected Senior Fullstack Developers, in a high performing and supportive squad
- Show your passion for working in highly complex and technically challenging development
- Enhance legacy features for our award-winning HR tech platform
To be a success in this role you'll have:
- Experience in Full-stack Software Development, Server-side and API Development (GraphQL), particularly with NodeJS
- High-level Object Oriented Programming (OOP) skills
- Demonstrated experience implementing, maintaining and deploying full-stack web technologies
- Experience in translating design wireframes into functioning UI components
- Strong understanding of standard Software Engineering processes, Testing, and Agile methodology
- A team player that always puts colleagues ahead of yourself and has a highly adaptable and versatile approach to work
- You are passionate about learning and sharing your knowledge, and not afraid to challenge your peers, but also welcome being challenged
- English language abilities, both written and verbal - you’ll be working with people across the world, including from Australia
Nice to have skills/ experiences (but not required to be considered):
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science of Software Engineering or an equivalent
- Experience in developing highly modular mobile applications and mobile application performance tuning
- Experience in functional programming
- Have experience in mentoring team mates, or even leading a squad
- Familiarity with AWS tooling and environments, including EC2, Kubernetes, etc.
Some of the benefits of working with Employment Hero include:
- Self, health, wealth, and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues including an annual company trip abroad (Last year we went to Thailand!)
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Apply now! We celebrate diverse perspectives and experiences, and we celebrate and invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Not the exact right fit for you? We have Programmer/Developer roles requiring different skills across .Net and .Net Core, Ruby on Rails, Python, Node and React - head to https://employmenthero.com/careers to find out more.
Why join Employment Hero?
★ Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2022, ranked #38 in Australia
★ LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
★ The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
★ Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
★ Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
★ LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
★ Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
★ Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
★ GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
★ Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
★ HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
★ HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
★ HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
★ LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
★ EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018