UX / Web Designer
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $1.25 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. Ideally, we want to hire this person based in South East Asia. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for a UX Web Designer to help continue the evolution and development of our digital and web approach, crafting a strategic approach to the way our brand comes to life in online environments. Working closely with the Brand and Growth teams, you’ll be tasked with designing best-practice user experiences to improve conversation on our websites and in our online advertising.
Reporting to our Head of Brand Design, the right candidate will have diverse experience across digital and web design – with an obsession for the user experience core to everything they do.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
- Collaborate with our Head of Brand Design and the wider design team to conceptualise and design a diverse range of branded creative assets, bringing our master brand to life in compelling and exciting ways.
- Collaborate with a team of writers, designers and external agencies to bring our brand assets to life online.
- Work with our growth marketing team to improve conversion rates and to create a more engaging web experience.
- Create distinctive and compelling visuals that are masterfully designed for a diverse global audience and varied demographics.
- Partner with our Senior Insights Manager to conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback.
- Define the right interaction model and evaluate its success.
- Develop wireframes and prototypes around customer needs.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems on our website (e.g. usability, findability)
- Partner with brand designers to bring our brand to life in digital environments.
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers.
- Keep abreast of competitor products and industry trends.
- Proven experience in a UX/UI web role
- Demonstrable portfolio of work
- Familiarity with project management and research
- Familiarity with interaction design and information architecture
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with design and UX tools such as Figma, Adobe Suite, Sketch, InVision and Canva.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018