Customer Care Specialist
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at $2 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 200,000 businesses and 1 million + active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
Our Customer Care Specialists are responsible for gathering information and ensuring customers have continued support and success after implementing our Employment Hero product. In this role, you will be supporting our customers to ensure accuracy and will be responsible for resolving customer tickets efficiently and effectively. This includes addressing customer issues with professionalism and care, and escalating to the appropriate teams where necessary.
- Responding to and resolving customer tickets, calls and queries related to the Employment Hero Platform in a timely manner.
- Assist and collaborate with the wider squad and support team to provide best practice system use and education to all our customers.
- Proactively analyse and understand product functionality across the platform and logic in detail.
- Testing and using the platforms to identify user error/system logic and related root causes; by maintaining comprehensive awareness of product changes and enhancements.
- Conduct/triage customer support issues and assign to the appropriate team or resolve where possible.
- Provide quality customer service while demonstrating the ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve technical enquiries.
- Escalating issues related to bugs or product logic/functionality concerns as necessary, in collaboration with Seniors/Team Leads and the Product Team.
- Managing and being accountable for own workflow and working within first in first out (FIFO) and service level agreements (SLAs).
- Working with customers across multi channels (email, chat, phone) to understand their organisational workflow and how the platform can support them to maximise their people processes.
- Leveraging ZenDesk, Salesforce and other internal tools for maintaining records, ticket investigations and referencing customer interactions, transactions, comments, and complaints.
- Working to KPIs, metrics, goals and key results whilst also delivering quality customer service.
- Proactively contribute feature requests and Help Centre suggestions, where warranted and using customer insights.
- Exposure to working in fluid, high change and high velocity environments.
- 1-2 years experience with proven results in a high volume customer service/support environment.
- Prior exposure to customer experience within a SaaS (Software as a Service) environment.
- Problem solving skills with a sound and thorough approach to troubleshooting.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, working autonomously; requesting assistance where needed.
- Strong and polished verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence and maturity.
- Relevant HR/Payroll Experience and/or Related Qualification (nice to have).
- Exposure to varied industries and business models eg owner operated, SME, large, flat structure and complex (nice to have).
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, screen? You name it!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Continuing education / post-graduate assistance program
- Weekly virtual happy-hour and social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Quarterly & yearly team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $263M Series F round led by TCV October 2023
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018