Brand and Content Marketing Lead - UK
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at $2 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 300,000 businesses and 2 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across anywhere in the UK.
What we need
As the Brand and Content Lead, you will lead a multi-discipline team to build our brand in the UK. Your mission is to significantly elevate our brand awareness, create a compelling narrative, attract new customers and foster brand loyalty among our target audiences. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to shape our brand story and ensure it aligns with our core values and business objectives.
We are deeply passionate about supporting our community of SME employers, HR professionals, payroll experts, industry partners and employees. Our audience is core to our mission to make employment easier and more valuable for all and you will need to demonstrate deep empathy when producing resources and campaigns for them. A content marketing background is essential and experience working closely with designers and performance teams on bringing creative and bold campaigns to life is important.
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position
- Reporting into the Global Head of Brand, this strategically important role will lead a fast growing, cross-functional team of local content marketers, social media and events specialists.
- As part of the Brand and Content Leadership Team, you will help grow the Employment Hero and Swag brands in the UK.
- Enhance our understanding of target audiences, oversee content planning, campaign development and creative direction.
- Continuously assess and report on effectiveness and ROI
- Work with other members of the Marketing Leadership Team across all of our markets to share best practice
- Collaborate with other teams within the business, including Product, Sales, Commercial Operations and CX
- The ideal candidate will possess proven client, agency-side and/or startup/scaleup experience (minimum 7 years total, including 3+ years leading a team) in a fast-paced marketing environment.
- Hands on experience leading high performance content/brand teams including, brand strategy and execution
- An understanding of digital marketing channels (such as SEM, SEO, Display, Social Media, Affiliate and Email) as well as non-digital channels
- Proficiency with marketing analytics and automation technology such as Google 360 Suite, Braze, Salesforce and/or Marketo
- Highly proficient in reporting campaign effectiveness
- The ideal candidate will also be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and has a strong drive for excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work in a fast-paced remote-first environment
Values we look for:
- Structured: maintains a critical view on processes and is ready to define new ways of working and refine existing ones; highly organised.
- Driven: a self-starter who drives their own workload and takes the initiative to challenge themselves and others.
- Visionary: acts as the leader of an idea and rallies people; focused on the long-term and the big picture.
- Articulate: able to manage diverse stakeholders, lead a constructive debate, and see both sides of an argument.
- Trusting: lets others get on with work in their area of expertise; steps in only when needed.
- Curious: solves problems using evidence and gets to the right answer quickly; questions the status quo but leaves ego at the door.
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $263M Series F round led by TCV in October 2023
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2022, ranked #38 in Australia
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Note to Recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that Recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.