Senior .NET Engineer (SRE)
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn valued at $2 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We've grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 300,000 businesses and 1 million+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
About the role
As a Site Reliability Engineer in Payroll, you’ll be supporting our game-changing platform which enables customers to automate their payroll processes and save countless hours of manual work every month.
At Employment Hero, SREs work on the application layer and infrastructure and are hands-on with spotting and fixing problems in the codebase. We’re on a journey of moving to a service-orientated and microservices mixed architecture so you’ll be involved in these migrations as well as new feature building.
Week to week you’ll be:
- Collaborating with teams right across the Payroll product
- Working on our .NET codebase
- Designing and testing strategies which improve deployment time and up-time
- Not just taking part in post-mortems but proactively monitoring performance and health-checking before issues come up!
- Analysing MTTR (mean time to resolution) and MTBF (mean time between failures) and designing initiatives to improve
- Supporting test automation coverage
You'll accelerate your career quickly, working with smart people across the UK and APAC regions, in a fully remote and flexible environment. We encourage our teams to work smart, leveraging Github Copilot and other generative AI.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is keen to be hands-on coding with strong C# and .NET development skills
- Is able to help a scaling organisation de-tangle legacy systems
- Knows cloud-native architecture and has run cloud-based applications
- Has worked with infrastructure-as-code tools like Pulumi or Terraform
- Understands continuous integration and delivery pipelines and Gitops workflows
- Has experience managing and configuring APM tools like Datadog or New Relic
- Has experience running highly available services at scale - even better if that’s in a SAAS environment!
- Is a strong communicator and able to work independently with teams across different time zones
- Can collaborate with colleagues e.g. architects and security experts to implement best application and infrastructure security practices
We’re open to engineers who haven’t worked in a specialist Site Reliability Engineer role before and are happy to support you with making a move!
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
* Raised $263M Series F round led by TCV in October 2023
* Raised $181M achieving unicorn status in February 2022
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
* The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
* Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
* Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
* LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
* Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
* Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
* GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
* Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
* HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
* HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
* HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
* LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
* EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018
Note to Recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that Recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.