Payroll System Administrator
Employment Hero is an Australian tech unicorn - valued at over $2 billion. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits. We’ve grown 100% year-on-year since our inception in 2014, and now service over 90,000 businesses and 850,000+ active users globally. We have exciting growth plans for 2023 and beyond, powered by our mission of making employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
We take a Remote First approach with our team. Employment Hero can hire across the world, so long as candidates have eligible working rights and are in a suitable timezone to their colleagues. If you’ve got the skills for the role and the passion for our mission then we want to hear from you!
Employment Hero celebrates diverse perspectives and experiences, we invite people of all backgrounds and identities to apply for this position.
As the Payroll System Administrator, you will be the subject matter expert to ensure Employment Hero customers, partners and internal stakeholders have the knowledge to understand, implement and utilise our Payroll Rule Set Engine. You will be responsible for accuracy and correctness of the configuration. You may be managing many projects at any one time. Our platform and our business are constantly changing. To be successful, you will need to communicate effectively, influence stakeholders, prioritise tasks, and drive outcomes.
- Assume responsibility for ensuring the compliance of the business with Australian state and industry legislations impacting pay condition rule set ups, including the Federal Modern Awards
- Ensure customer requirements and regulations are interpreted accurately, and perform analysis of awards and enterprise agreements
- Assist with troubleshooting client queries, and coordinate with internal teams for successful delivery
- Ensure project tasks are completed on time and with accuracy
- Monitor industry trends and changes to influence and ensure our product can be updated accordingly
- 1 year+ experience in payroll (through support/implementations)
- A working knowledge of Modern Awards, Enterprise Agreements and Fair Work rules
- Have a thorough understanding of the pay conditions engine
- Problem solver and easily adapts to changing priorities
- High level of written and verbal communication
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Remote first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning & development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Social events to get to know your new colleagues
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero!
Why join Employment Hero?
- Raised $263M Series F round led by TCV in October 2023
- Raised $181M achieving unicorn status February 2022
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2021, ranked #2 in Australia
- The Australian Top 100 Innovators List 2021
- Raised $140M Series E round led by Insight Partners July 2021
- Raised $45M Series D round led by Seek 2021
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2020, ranked #42 in Australia
- LinkedIn Top 10 Startups 2020
- Raised $22M Series C Round led by Seek July 2019
- Raised $8 mill series B round led by Seek and OneVentures
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2019, ranked #20 in Australia
- GetApp Category Leader Q1 2019
- Deloitte Technology Fast 50 2018, ranked #12 in Australia
- HRD Gold Medalist - Human Capital Management Systems 2018
- HRD Gold Medalist - Rewards and Recognition Service Provider 2018
- HRD Rewards and Recognition Employer of Choice 2018
- LinkedIn Top 25 Startups 2018
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year National Finalist 2018