Backend Software Engineer
Our mission and where you fit in
Our ambitious team at Employment Hero is on a quest to transform employment, making it easier and more valuable for everyone. Our world-class software is the easiest way for small and medium-sized businesses to manage HR, payroll, employee engagement, and benefits.
Since our inception in 2014, we've had enormous growth (100% YoY), now serving 300,000 businesses globally, with 2 million+ users on the platform, reaching unicorn status in 2022 - and we have no plans of slowing down.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join one of the fastest-growing global unicorns, so let’s see if we could be a match!
In your role, you'll be focused on…
As a growing team, we need innovative and passionate Intermediate Full-Stack Software Development Engineers to join our squads who will be a vital part of our engineering team, responsible for developing product features and collaborating with colleagues in design, product, and engineering. You will take ownership of writing automated tests for your production codes and work with cutting-edge technologies, focusing on tech stacks such as Ruby on Rails and ReactJS. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of products and features.
- Develop and maintain both frontend and backend components of web applications using Ruby and ReactJS
- Collaborate with product team to gather requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Contribute to the technical strategy and delivery of your squad and take part in scrum ceremonies.
- Ensure high-quality code by conducting testing and code reviews, both for yourself and your colleagues.
- Share your knowledge and mentor Junior Developers within your squad.
- Collaborate with highly respected Software Development Engineers in a high performing and supportive environment.
- Demonstrate your passion for working on highly complex and technically challenging development projects.
- Enhance legacy features for our award-winning HR tech platform.