Commercial Insights Analyst
Our mission and where you fit in
At Employment Hero, we’re an ambitious bunch of people on a mission to make employment easier and more valuable for everyone.
Since our inception in 2014, we've had some pretty impressive growth (100% YoY), now serving 300,000 businesses globally, with 2 million+ users on the platform, reaching unicorn status in 2022 - and we have no plans to slow down.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join one of the fastest-growing SaaS unicorns, so let’s see if we could be a match!
What might your days look like
We're a team of global innovators, who cherish diverse perspectives that fuel our mission; to simplify the world of work for SMBs worldwide.
As part of our ambitious growth strategy, Employment Hero is looking for a driven and skilled Commercial Insights Analyst.
As a cornerstone of Employment Hero's Revenue Growth & Insights team, the Commercial Insights Analyst serves as the analytical engine powering our data-driven commercial strategy. Reporting to the Head of Revenue Growth & Insights, this role centres on developing advanced data assets, analytics, and insights that guide key commercial decisions and strategies.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned professional with a strong analytical foundation, boasting 5+ years of experience in data analytics, ideally within a SaaS environment. You hold a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Data Analytics, Business, or a related field and are proficient in SQL, and BI tools such as Tableau.
Your primary responsibility is to dissect complex data sets to produce actionable insights, fuelling strategies across sales, marketing, and other GTM initiatives.
As a Commercial Insights Analyst, you will:
- Develop and maintain sophisticated data models and dashboards, particularly focusing on commercial operations.
- Generate actionable insights through deep analysis of internal and external data sets.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to Revenue Leaders, MDs, and GMs, supporting them with data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Work closely with a federated team of data analysts, aligned to the work priorities of the broader Commercial Operations function.
- Work closely with technology teams to ensure data accuracy, availability, and integrity.
- Engage with GTM and other commercial teams to integrate data insights into actionable commercial strategies.
- Embrace continuous self-development and be comfortable with stepping out of your comfort zone and learning new skills
What will you bring
- Bachelor's degree in Data Analytics, Data Science, Business, or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within a SaaS environment.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL, and BI tools, especially Tableau.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Ability to translate business requirements & questions into technical solutions, and translate those solutions into actionable commercial insights
- Proven track record of influencing decision-making processes through data-driven insights.
- Exceptional ability to extract insights and support strategy development
- Ability to work in a high-paced, dynamically changing environment where ruthless prioritisation is a necessity.
- This role is uniquely tailored for those who are intellectually curious, enjoy diving deep into complex problems, and thrive in both autonomous and team environments.
- Very comfortable presenting analyses and recommendations to stakeholders at various levels, including senior executives.
- Ability to work cross functionally and foster strong partnerships
- Previous experience working with Sales & Marketing SaaS metrics (e.g. MQL, SQL, SAL, SAO, MRR, ARR) highly regarded, as is experience working with CX metrics (e.g. NPS, CSAT)
- Knowledge of statistical modelling tools and techniques (e.g. segmentation, propensity models) an advantage
- Working knowledge of data pipeline management highly regarded (data ingestion, API knowledge, data transformation experience, DW management) as is experience using pipeline management tools such as DBT.
Experience is important, but for us the biggest measure of success is people who can live and breathe our values. Show us what you can bring to the table, and we’ll empower you to let your talents shine.
Life at Employment Hero
At Employment Hero, we're not just working remotely; we're integrating flexibility and global reach into the heart of our daily operations.
We also recognise the value of face-to-face connection, and organise local and global gatherings throughout the year to celebrate our wins and make meaningful connections with our colleagues.
Work your way
Every hero has unique powers. Bound by a common purpose and trust, we encourage each other to work in ways that allow us to bring our best selves to work.
We’ve got your back
Whether you’re a seasoned remote-first pro, or a first-timer, you’re in good company. With 900+ heroes globally, team support and collaboration is at your fingertips.
But don’t just take it from us, here’s a quote from one of our AU heroes:
“Working for a company that has purpose and meaning is felt throughout the entire business. No one turns up to work just to get paid - we turn up to work because we care and take pride in what we do, but we also know how to create balance and flexibility in the important things in our life, such as family, friends and leading a lifestyle consistent with our values.”
Plus you’ll get to enjoy a number of great perks, including:
- Remote-first and flexible working arrangements
- A generous budget to spend on setting up your home office (if you need a desk, chair, or screen? We’ve got you covered!)
- We set you up for success with the latest and greatest hardware, tools and tech
- Learning and development (including an external study policy, live monthly professional development classrooms, and premium online learning content!)
- Reward and recognition programs - because great work should be recognised and rewarded
- Including Lightning Award for delivering quality work at speed and Values Champion Awards
- Swag app cashback offers and discounts on hundreds of your favourite brands and products
- Self, health, wealth and happiness programs
- Social events and team celebrations
- Employee Share Option Program: be an owner of Employment Hero
- Annual Global Gathering to get to know your global colleagues - so far we’ve been to Thailand, Vietnam and are excited to meet in Bali in September 2024
We also recognise that the same recruitment process doesn’t fit all, so should you require any accommodations or adjustments, simply let us know.
Are we a match?
Not exactly the right fit for you?
- If you’re excited about Employment Hero, but this role is not the one for you, we encourage you to explore our careers page, packed with many more great opportunities.
- Know someone who would be a great fit? Feel free to share the role with your network!
Note to recruiters: Employment Hero has a dedicated in-house recruitment team who are focused on finding the very best talent for our organisation and we kindly request that recruiters do not contact us regarding assisting with our job vacancies. While we appreciate your interest and expertise, we have everything we need in-house to attract and hire the right candidates for our team. Thank you.