Head of Operations, Germany
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$140M in funding from Australia and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into more markets, retail stores, and tackle new health conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About The Role
We’re looking for a ‘smooth operator’ that speaks fluent German and English to lead, scale and optimise the quality, safety and efficiency of our end-to-end operations in Germany, including managing key operational partners (pharmacy, clinicians, suppliers, fulfilment) and internally provisioned service teams (medical support, patient experience / customer support).
The role is based in Germany, reporting directly to the Germany Country Manager.
The role will require a strong operational skill set and you will be required to use qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions about how we prioritise commercial opportunities and execute on initiatives that create lasting patient outcomes. We are looking for an incredibly structured thinker with a relentless focus on understanding the ‘why’, forming testable hypotheses and using data to drive decisions. You synthesise tonnes of info; you build a clear vision; you document your work - in short, you turn chaos into clarity.
We are a young company with experimentation as part of our DNA. We frequently iterate to conviction with a strong hypotheses-led culture. The whole company sets quarterly OKRs and has the ability to rapidly shift gears in response to new insights, or changing market conditions in order to deliver on our company-wide objectives. It is critical for us that you share these philosophies, are adaptable to change and comfortable with solving for ambiguity.
Join us to be a critical part of our growth journey here in Germany!
What you’ll do (Responsibilities):
- Design and lead operational initiatives which will result in an exceptional partner pharmacy network, continuously improving logistics and fulfilment process and world-class health practitioner and patient support interactions for our patients.
- Deliver on key operational targets around safety, quality and effectiveness of our service offering
- Coordinate and manage our operational partner network (ie. pharmacists, doctors, suppliers)
- Build and manage a local team to support our growing patient base in Germany
- Analyse industry and patient trends to track, report and execute with the teams to optimise for growth and shift resources into the right areas
- Lead quarterly country-specific reviews and executive engagement for the wider business within our operational partnerships to deliver on the growth agenda
- Collaborate and partner on cross-functional projects in close collaboration with our Australian and UK headquarters
About You (Skills and Experiences)
At least ~4 years in consulting, technology, venture capital and / or start-up space (particularly in an operational role, and bonus for prior experience working with / for B2C consumer brands)
- Bilingual: Communicate fluently in German and English (bonus - if you’re proficient in other European languages)
- Skilled problem solver: Robust analytical capabilities & attention to detail, with the ability to synthesise findings, draw out insights and execute on recommendations.
- Manage many things at once: Strong ability to prioritise, manage multiple projects end to end and deliver growth results within a highly ambiguous environment
- Executional powerhouse: Strategy is simple, achieving it through flawless execution is what’s hard. Maintaining momentum will require good judgment and acting quickly within a fast-paced environment.
- Patient-first: Possesses an entrepreneurial and ‘patient-first’ mindset, highly driven to reach the best clinical and experience outcomes for our patients
- Team player: We’re still a small team and there will be blurred lines between roles. We will all need to pitch in to get the job done. This includes motivating the team, prioritising what will move the needle and being ready to help others, regardless of task or team.
- Strong generalist toolkit: Exceptional written, presentation, and verbal communications skills that can be applied across organisational levels, countries and cultures. Comfortable with numbers and synthesising data into clear insights and opportunities.
So, why join Eucalyptus?
- We are on a growth journey - In Germany we went from 0 to 500+ patients in just 4 weeks, and in the UK to 3,000+ in just 8 months! In Australia we have delivered nearly 1m consults and have over 100k active patients
- We move at incredible speed - you’ll work with teammates who build in the open, helping us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver at speed. The feedback loop between idea, execution and impact is fast! You’ll spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning, we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Your career and personal goals will be accelerated - you’ll tackle ambiguous and impactful problems. You’ll get honest feedback frequently, helping you improve faster than you could have imagined. Given the rate of learning, we believe in more frequent review cycles (every 6 months) compared to traditional organisations.
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong, you’ll get to work amongst people who care deeply about our patients and you’ll be given ownership to tackle unique problems as part of a supportive team.
- You’ll get access to generous Employee Discounts & Free Merch - we love merch at Euc so expect lots of it as well as employee discounts across all of our brands
- We have fun along the way - from our global team events, monthly socials and perks of a new office in Berlin, Potzdamer Platz - there’s always something new!
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.