General Practitioner, Weight Consults, Telehealth
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is a healthcare technology organisation on a mission to deliver high-touch, high-quality care to millions of patients. We have 4 healthcare brands that form the connective tissue between telehealth consults with doctors, pharmacy delivery and ongoing patient care. Our goal is to provide a differentiated and comprehensive care experience for a wide variety of patients and conditions.
We're well funded, having raised over $100M with our Series C round led by Aussie and US venture capital funds who were early backers of Airbnb, Canva, Uber, and Spotify.
We're not your typical scaleup, and we don't want typical candidates either. If you're an out-of-the-box thinker, a trendsetter, a risk-taker, and passionate about making a difference in the world, and be a part of building something extraordinary – keep on reading!
About Eucalyptus Weight Management
Eucalyptus builds telehealth clinics, making it easy to access personalised, effective treatments for a number of conditions. We give patients easy access to GPs, personalised evidence-based treatment plans, and the in-depth information they need to achieve their goals.
We follow a high-touch, high-quality model of care and our mission is to improve the metabolic health and wellbeing of all patients through this approach.
Our Weight Management program utilises evidence-based approaches to weight loss that are achievable, sustainable and safe. Doctors are supported by a team of medical support specialists, dietitian and health coaches to ensure that patients have constant, accessible support and advice.
So how does it work?
We've built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to patients with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We provide an easy to use interface for patients to get help, for doctors to manage their consultations via telehealth, and for pharmacies to fulfil any prescriptions, streamlining the user experience from the patient's and doctor's points of view.
This is done by automating the collection of most of the information a doctor needs in a consultation, providing this information in an easy format to doctors so they can make a decision on treatment, and making sure their time is used effectively.
We then ensure that patients are given a high quality, high-touch model of care that enables close support, engagement and compliance. Patients are supported by an extensive Medical Support team, health coaching and dietitian support in addition to regular doctor check-ins. We also provide the capacity to promote preventive care and perform pathology testing.
We’ve built a telehealth platform to provide best-in-class care across key patient touch points.
Incoming patients interface through an online questionnaire which collects key health information. This data is then surfaced in the doctor’s platform to streamline the consultation and prescription decisions.
Patients also undergo a model of high-touch care beyond the initial prescription with our Medical Support team, health coaches, dieticians and regular GP check-ins.
We're currently looking for passionate GPs to join in our goal of making healthcare accessible, convenient and safe. Join us in providing an online medical support network of qualified specialists like yourself. You will also have the ability to be working from home or from our office in Sydney. We are open to someone to work a minimum of 3 days with regularly scheduled shifts (full days or half days).
- Through telehealth consultations with patients, including assessing, screening, diagnosing and prescribing medication for patients as necessary
- Adhere to our platform guidelines and policies and complete all required training
- Provide an exceptional clinical experience for patients through the delivery of prompt and empathetic care on the platform
- Australian Citizen / Australian Permanent Resident / Temporary Resident
- FRACGP/FACRRM with full general and specialist AHPRA registration and full General Registration with the Medical Board of Australia (this is a must)
- Ability to obtain a provider number in order to facilitate pathology testing only (No use of MBS attendance item numbers - refer and request only)
- Valid medical indemnity insurance.
- Skilled at using technology to deliver care and communicate with patients
- Empathetic, friendly and approachable
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive rates
- Work from 10 - 20 hours per week (option to increase hours)
- Work from the comfort of your home and/or from our beautiful Sydney office
- Support from our team of nurses and patient support specialists and your fellow Euc GPs
- Avoid unpaid admin work - our technology platforms is designed to automate workflows like letter templates and electronic patient notes
- Use telehealth to provide inclusive, empathetic and non-stigmatised care and vastly improve the patient experience
- Options to be involved in clinical project work, including quality improvement, clinical trials and media etc.