Operations Lead, Japan
🌿 About Eucalyptus (The company)
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are. We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Australian and US investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) are powered by a growing team across 5 countries - Australia, UK, Germany, the Philippines and now, 🇯🇵 Japan! And now, we’re looking to build our team of world-class clinical professionals who are passionate about digital healthcare, and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
🇯🇵 Our plans in Japan - About Juniper (The brand)
At launch, our mission through Juniper is to empower all Japanese women to take control of their weight journey. For us, this means a medical approach to weight loss that doesn’t judge, doesn’t discriminate, and really works! It’s why we connect patients with Japanese doctors, dietitians and a clinical team, who can guide and empower them on their journeys. With clinically proven medication, lifestyle interventions, ongoing support, and a community of like-minded women, we help patients achieve better weight loss outcomes.
🛠️ About the role (What you’ll be doing)
We’re looking for a ‘smooth operator’ that speaks fluent Japanese and English to lead, scale and optimise the quality, safety and efficiency of our end-to-end operations in Japan, including managing key operational partners (pharmacy, clinicians, suppliers, fulfilment) and internally provisioned service teams (medical support, patient experience / customer support).
The role is based in Japan, reporting directly to the Country Manager, Japan.
The role will require a strong operational skill set and you will be required to use qualitative and quantitative data to make informed decisions about how we prioritise commercial opportunities and execute on initiatives that create lasting patient outcomes. We are looking for an incredibly structured thinker with a relentless focus on understanding the ‘why’, forming testable hypotheses and using data to drive decisions. You synthesise tonnes of info; you build a clear vision; you document your work - in short, you turn chaos into clarity.
We are a young company with experimentation as part of our DNA. We frequently iterate to conviction with a strong hypotheses-led culture. The whole company sets quarterly OKRs and has the ability to rapidly shift gears in response to new insights, or changing market conditions in order to deliver on our company-wide objectives. It is critical for us that you share these philosophies, are adaptable to change and comfortable with solving for ambiguity.
Join us to be a critical part of our growth journey here in Japan! 🇯🇵
What you’ll do (Responsibilities)
- Build and manage a local team to support our growing patient base in Japan
- Design and lead patient centric operational initiatives which will result in an exceptional partner pharmacy network, continuously improving logistics and fulfilment process and world-class health practitioner interactions for our patients
- Deliver against (and ideally exceed) key operational growth targets by effectively coordinating and managing our operational partners (i.e. pharmacists, clinicians, suppliers)
- Analyse industry and patient trends to track, report and execute with the teams to optimise for growth and shift resources into the right areas
- Lead quarterly country-specific reviews and executive engagement for the wider business within these partnerships to deliver on the growth agenda
- Collaborate and partner on cross-functional projects in close collaboration with our Australian and UK headquarters
🥼 About you (Who you are)
- Be based / Willing to re-locate to Japan - reporting directly to Country Manager, Japan
- 4-5+ years in consulting (MBB preferred), investment banking, or start-ups (bonus for prior experience in B2C consumer brands or healthcare)
- Possesses an entrepreneurial and ‘patient-first’ mindset, highly driven to reach the best clinical outcomes for our patients
- Communicates fluently in Japanese and English
- Understand the Japanese consumer market - in particular, patient demographics, behaviours and healthcare systems inside out
- Robust analytical capabilities with the ability to synthesise findings, draw out insights and execute on recommendations
- Strong ability to prioritise, manage multiple projects and deliver growth results within a highly ambiguous environment
- Strong leadership skill set with experience in leading cross-functional teams and expertise in running an organisation and structure
So, why join Eucalyptus?
- ⚡ Our teams move at speed and are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team.
- 🎯 Your career and personal goals will be accelerated - You’ll tackle ambiguous and impactful problems. You’ll get honest feedback frequently, helping you improve faster than you could have imagined. Given the rate of learning, we believe in more frequent review cycles (every 6 months) compared to traditional organisations.
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.