Medical Advisor - Weight Management (Juniper)
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, Germany, UK, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over €100M in funding from Australia and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into more markets, retail stores, and tackle new health conditions.
We’re continuing building out our team of executional talent and specialist advisors who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About Eucalyptus Weight Management
Eucalyptus builds telehealth clinics, making it easy to access personalised, effective treatments for a number of conditions. We give patients easy access to doctors, personalised evidence-based treatment plans, and the in-depth information they need to achieve their goals.
We follow a high-touch, high-quality model of care and our mission is to improve the metabolic health and wellbeing of all patients through this approach.
Our Weight Management program utilises evidence-based approaches to weight loss that are achievable, sustainable and safe. Doctors are supported by a team of medical support specialists, dietitians and health coaches to ensure that patients have constant, accessible support and advice.
So how does it work?
We've built a technology platform to deliver healthcare to patients with a level of care and depth that brings healthcare into the internet age. We provide an easy to use interface for patients to get help, for doctors to manage their consultations via telehealth, and for pharmacies to fulfil any prescriptions, streamlining the user experience from the patient's and doctor's points of view.
This is done by automating the collection of most of the information a doctor needs in a consultation, providing this information in an easy format to doctors so they can make a decision on treatment, and making sure their time is used effectively.
We then ensure that patients are given a high quality, high-touch model of care that enables close support, engagement and compliance. Patients are supported by an extensive Medical Support team, dieticians and health coaches, in addition to regular doctor check-ins. We also provide the capacity to promote preventive care and perform pathology testing.
On top of this, we have a world-class global medical advisory board, responsible for providing best-in-class specialist advice into our global medical and clinical operations.
- Be an active part of the German and global medical advisory boards at Eucalyptus
- Provide medical advisory guidance on operational and regulatory topics in Germany
- Represent Eucalyptus’ weight management brand “Juniper” as part of the advisory board on our website
- Be an official spokesperson for the Juniper weight management programme in Germany
- Ability to live and work in Germany
- Be an accredited doctor (Approbation) in Germany
- "Facharzt" (specialist) qualification in general medicine, internal medicine, diabetology, endocrinology
- Valid professional liability insurance (Berufshaftpflichtversicherung) in Germany
- Empathetic, friendly, and approachable
- Flexible advisory engagement
- Minimal commitment of 1-3 hours per month
- Flexibility to work from anywhere you like
- Ongoing liaison with the Eucalyptus global medical advisory board
- Be an active part of building a leading telehealth platform that provides inclusive, empathic and non-stigmatised care and vastly improving the patient experience
How do we work?
Things move quickly here. We like to set goals with the mindset that if we hit them all we haven’t challenged ourselves enough. You’ll be surrounded by a world-class team of thinkers, designers, engineers and leaders who are obsessed with three things:
- The health and wellbeing of the average person
- Creating personalised, engaging, convenient user-experiences
- Making healthcare fun and interesting (because it is)
We are experienced business builders, our roots and talent run deep in the DTC and technology space. We believe too many chefs spoil the broth and people are given the freedom to make decisions (and mistakes), and learn from the journey. Ultimately, we believe ideas are cheap and great execution is more important than anything.
Why you'll thrive here
Here are the highlights:
- Come and contribute to the growth at one of the fastest growing telehealth startups
- Push yourself with challenges that are world-first, unique and exhilarating
- See the meaningful impact of your work on over tens of thousands of patients (check out the customers that love us!)
- Learn from some of best marketers, engineers, creatives, operations specialists, and medical professionals - joining a diverse team from Atlassian, Canva, Google, Koala, McKinsey, Bain, BuzzFeed, Optiver, Halter and many many more.
We look forward to hearing from you!