Global NPD & Innovation Lead
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role
As the Global NPD & Innovation Lead, reporting to the Head of Business & Product Development (Cade). You will be responsible for:
Building the physical product innovation strategy across the EUC portfolio
- Creating and setting the vision for market-leading healthcare products, and building the short-term and long-term pipeline for all brands across a range of product categories; including but not limited to OTC Medicines, Complimentary Medicines, Food & Nutritionals, Medical Devices, Personal Care, Cosmetics, Hair Care + more, across multiple international markets.
- Leverage data across market, category & customer trends to inform guidance of localised recommendations on how our brand build & maintain a defensive UVPs/moats across global markets over time.
- Be able to build, adapt and adjust brand architectures based on an evolving omni-channel strategy.
- Oversee and lead the development cycles to ensure efficient throughput of products and sufficient product innovation pipelines to meet retailer range reviews and ongoing patient demands across various distribution channels and markets.
- Lead the commercialisation of a localised product portfolio strategy dependent on the market, category and brand growth strategy of Eucalyptus.
Customer Centric & Data Driven Innovator
- Incubate access and build the infrastructure to analyse internal & external data/insights to ensure our products are customer-centric, serve a purpose and meet a need state.
- Develop an understanding of the white space opportunities through gap analysis across the portfolio to provide justified and detailed business cases for what should (and should not) be a part of our current & future product + service offerings.
- Instigate and action an always on justified rationalisation strategy to maximise the productivity of the products and brands within the portfolio.
- Engaging and strategising our R&D strategy through building relationships with clinical researchers and CMOs to build innovation-to-commercialisation relationships that align with the broader company and brand vision/strategy.
Commerciality & Structured Planner
- Set and optimise the internal (and external where necessary) standards for clinical representation, sustainability objectives, and ethical parameters through engagement with the relevant cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Understand clearly what best practice development process entails and make proactive recommendations on improvements related to both the NPD & EPD process globally.
- Strategically engage and manage supplier relations to ensure we are delivering efficacious, high quality, innovative products in line with timeline deliverables & commercial parameters.
- Lead and coordinate the formulation, compliance, quality and regulatory aspects of the product development process.
- Oversee supplier negotiations, benchmarking and defining contractual commercials terms of supply with partners alongside the internal procurement team.
- Take a leadership role in EUC’s omni-channel strategy by understanding the implications product development has on the Brand and Consumer Healthcare P/L.
- Attending external events, such as medical, health tech, food & nutrition, and raw material supplier conferences to stay ahead of the curve, and formulate innovative product line and product range expansion ideas.
Empathetic & Tenacious Team Member + Leader
- Manage the global “NPD” team to ensure we are achieving the QTRLY OKRs set in conjunction with the executive team.
- Help manage new brand/business incubation alongside the executive team through our build or acquisition two pronged approach.
- Mentor and take people on the journey of the role of physical product has in building a defensible omni-channel consumer health business.
- Engage & coordinate with EUC cross functional teams, including; Retail, Creative, Procurement, Growth, MedOps, Clinical and Customer Experience to provide insights into new product & packaging forms, and push the boundaries of what is possible and maintain a patient first approach through building in the open.
- Highly empathetic: Deeply understands the team, customers, cross-functional partners and stakeholders. Puts themself in other’s shoes, appreciates others, and wants to learn about them and what motivates them and take action to improve their experiences and get the best out of them.
- Flexible and open-minded: Embraces change and teaches teams (and lead by example) how to adapt successfully. Calm, clear-headed and open-minded, especially in moments of change.
- Clear communicator: Synthesises the most complex problems into clear ideas and tailor messages and communicate clearly to diverse audiences. Goes out of their way to explain things to people so they understand their thinking and can learn from it.
- Creative problem solver: Can develop creative solutions to complex problems, and help the team overcome their most challenging roadblocks.
- Strong Decision-Maker: Mixes analytical perspective, customer understanding and intuition to make hard decisions in the face of ambiguity. Clearly explains and contextualises decisions so that people understand them and can learn from them.
- Exceptional cross-functional collaborator: Enjoys building relationships with diverse people in an organisation with different experience and expertise (whether that be product design, R&D, logistics, software engineering or forecasting). Holds themself and the team accountable to deliver them the things they need to be successful in their roles and drive the brand forward. Goes beyond learning about their worlds, what’s important to them and creates new and more efficient and impactful ways to partner to push their business and the function forward.
- Brilliant strategist: Galvanising vision for where to take the business, backed by thoughtful analysis and insights on where the biggest opportunities lie. Has a clear perspective on how to build a roadmap to capitalise on those opportunities.
- Omni-channel thinker: Intuitively understands how direct-to-consumer and retail channels work and can learn quickly to fill in any gaps. Intuitively gets how modern brands are connecting with consumers today on DTC and appreciate the analytically driven approach to assortment, marketing and ongoing customer engagement that drives sales and ROI. Understands how consumers are interacting with brands at retail and how best to partner with retailers to deliver experiences that win for them, for us and for the customer. Embraces change and can continuously learn and evolve the brand to innovate and stay at the forefront.
- Results oriented: Sets clear, and ambitious goals, and holds themself and the team to the highest standard to achieve those goals. Able to distill complex facts into clear strategy and recommendations. Proven track record of building a high growth omni-channel project roadmap and understanding of the P&L.
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.