Medical Support Associate, Manila (Registered Nurse/Pharmacist/Doctor)
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role (What you’ll be doing)
Eucalyptus believes that providing multidisciplinary clinical support to patients throughout their treatment is critical to achieving our mission. We want to provide patients access to the right clinician at the right time to support their journey.
The Medical Support Associate will play a vital role working alongside doctors, nurses and pharmacists to triage, assess and support patients through their treatment. This position is ideal for individuals who are passionate about healthcare, possess strong communication skills, and are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service.
Your responsibilities may include:
Provide medical support to patients with a range of conditions, primarily via email:
- Triage, assess, and support patients: Evaluate the severity of patients' medical side effects and enquiries, providing appropriate assistance and information and escalating where appropriate.
- Ensure timely and accurate responses: Respond to patients promptly, delivering accurate medical information and advice while adhering to safety and quality standards.
- Maintain patient safety: Take necessary precautions to ensure patient safety, especially when addressing medical concerns and side effects.
- Initiate communication based on tracker information: Monitor patient progress through tracking data and reach out to patients as needed to provide support to increase treatment adherence
Share patient insights with the clinical services team and wider business:
- Share patient feedback: Feel empowered to share any feedback or insights from patients regarding their experiences with the service and any suggestions for improvement.
- Experience - A Doctor of Medicine, Registered Pharmacist or Registered Nurse with 2+ years post-registration experience in the healthcare industry
- Excellent writing skills, with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and in a patient-friendly manner via email
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating effectively with team members, and adept at handling frequent interruptions and adapting to changes in workload and schedule
- Task-oriented mindset with meticulous attention to detail, ensuring adherence to processes with precision
Bonus points for:
- Triaging in a clinic or emergency setting
- Previous work experience in tele-health
- Passion for weight loss, skincare, sexual health or fertility
Why join Eucalyptus?
We are building the future of accessible, patient-centric healthcare!
We have built a technology platform that brings high-touch healthcare into the internet age. We plug into doctors, specialists and pharmacies to provide high-quality, convenient health products and services.
Our platform currently has 4 healthcare brands that serve patients with different needs and at all stages of their life.
- Pilot provides men with a safe space to access care for sexual health, hair and weight
- Kin supports a woman’s entire fertility and health journey
- Software makes it easy to access effective anti-aging and acne treatment
- Juniper supports older women through menopause and their weight loss journey
In just 3 years, we have helped over 200,000 patients across our four brands. And yet, we believe we have only scratched the surface of what is possible in digital healthcare.
Why you'll thrive here
- Competitive monthly salary plus government contributions.
- HMO for yourself and 1 dependent.
- Hybrid work setup to work flexibly from home, and enjoy time in the office with your colleagues.
- Social clubs that allow you to bond with employees with similar interests! Some of our favourites include #kpop-club, #basketball-club, and #euc-kids-club (a great place for parents).
- Fun office parties and team dinners (did someone say KTV?) so you can bond with your team regularly.
- Eucalyptus and brand merchandise designed by our very own in-house creative team.
- Become part of one of the fastest growing startups in the APAC region while we are still small in size (~200 people), during a time of exciting innovation and growth.
- Work from Manila and maintain high collaboration with the teams in Australia.
- Drive meaningful impact for tens of thousands of actual patients through your work, helping them live healthier, happier and longer lives.
- Learn from some of APAC’s best marketers, engineers and creatives, joining a diverse team from successful and disruptive companies such as Atlassian, Canva, Koala and more
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.