Senior IT Systems Administrator, Australia
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role (What you'll be doing)
Eucalyptus is looking for a passionate, self-starter to join as our Senior IT Systems Administrator in our Trust Team (our internal technology, cybersecurity and enterprise risk function). This role will be based in Sydney and will be the top-level escalation point for technical issues and the go-to person for managing our IT systems and infrastructure, managing company assets, streamlining processes, and keeping our internal knowledge base up to date.
The Senior IT Systems Administrator will report directly into the Trust Lead and will be responsible for building and maintaining the global IT function at Eucalyptus.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about building seamless technology experiences, improving the patient experience, being data and process driven, solving problems, and embracing a continuous improvement mindset. You’ll also need to enjoy working with a cross-functional team, many stakeholders, and be open to travelling to other offices if needed.
Some highlights of what you’ll be doing include:
- Designing and maintaining our IT infrastructure around a seamless internal technology experience.
- Work as the top-level escalation point for technical issues to maintain reliability of our internal technology infrastructure.
- Maintain ISO27001 certification (and other relevant certifications) for our internal technology infrastructure.
- Plan and implement innovative and cutting-edge IT and cloud-based projects (eg, ZTN solutions), including stakeholder feedback, change management, and end-to-end roll-outs.
- Identify opportunities for automation and continuous improvement of cloud-based systems and processes to improve existing metrics.
- Train and upskill other individuals within the business to expand the impact of IT at Euc.
About You (Who you are)
- Ideally 4+ years experience in IT, particularly in IT support or administration of cloud-native infrastructure
- Identity management & SaaS management: you’ll have a range of experience working with common SaaS platforms; Okta, Google Workspace, AWS/Azure, Zoom, Slack, to name a few.
- MDM Management & Endpoint Protection: we use Kandji and CrowdStrike. Experience with Intune would be fantastic. You will be comfortable with these tools, or have used similar ones before.
- Automations: you’ll be in charge of automating processes and troubleshooting existing automations. We’d like someone who is an expert at Zapier, using APIs and web hooks, integrating tools, and it would be helpful to know a bit of #bash.
- User-centric: you are excited by the idea of building a seamless technology-experience that is user-centric.
- Cybersecurity: any security-related experience such as ISO compliance, CIS18 or UK Cyberessentials Certification.
- Networking: experience with network configuration, management, maintenance, and security also highly welcomed (particularly with ZTN/VPN solutions).
- Hospitality mindset: you love helping others and want their experience to be A++
- Systems thinker: you love a repeatable process and know how to design a system for scale. You will sniff out inefficiencies and create repeatable ways of working if you spot people reinventing the wheel.
- Communicator: you explain technical concepts simply and love to teach others.
- Collaborator: you have experience working in a cross-collaborative environment with other business units, domestically or internationally.
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team.
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling.
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme.
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.