Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – and we’re gonna need all the help we can get…!
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 4 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin & Software) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over AUD$150M in funding from Aussie and Silicon Valley investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions.
We’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
About the role (What you’ll be doing)
- Envision and design complex features for our patients. Work closely with the team to transform complex problems into simple, user-friendly and intuitive experiences for both our patients externally and our practitioners internally.
- Contribute to the product vision in our triad structure. Work closely with a Product Manager and Engineering Team Lead to champion the best practices to balancing an amazing experience with delivering features on schedule.
- Collaborate and spar with other designers. Share your own work and critique others with designers each week to uplift the quality of design at Eucalyptus.
- Help scale our patient experience. Assist launching an upcoming 5th brand in early 2024.
- Contribute to our multi-brand design system. Our system is structured in a way that allows us to leverage UI across our 5 brands. You’ll help in scaling the system by adding components and templates for you and the team to use to ensure consistency.
- Lead research and testing in your squad. Conducting ongoing user testing and research to ensure our patients are being heard and considered in upcoming features.
About you (Who you are)
- 3+ years experience in a relevant role (UX/UI, product design, digital design) - bonus points if it’s a B2C company
- You are experienced working with, or contributing to a design system
- You have worked in an agile development environment and familiar with writing up design specifications and collaborating effectively with engineers
- You are proficient with Figma (this is our tool of choice!)
- You have a design portfolio of web and mobile experiences, including documentation of the end to end design process
- You have had some experience in conducting user interviews, testing sessions, facilitating internal stakeholder workshops, prototyping
- You ensure that your design meets the outcomes / success metrics set at the beginning so that we can balance between delivering the best customer experience & meeting business objectives.
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll **spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows.
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.