Chief of Staff to COO & CEO
Healthcare is usually slow and boring. We believe in its potential to be exciting and entertaining. But changing the healthcare experience is hard – we’re gonna need all the help we can get…
Eucalyptus (or 'Euc' for short) is an Australian founded digital healthcare company that is on a mission to solve the world’s biggest healthcare challenges - think fertility, and behavioural change around chronic conditions such as weight loss, diabetes, and mental health.
Founded in Australia in 2019, we have now helped over 500K patients globally by combining technology, design and operational excellence to help patients access the best clinical support when they need it - wherever they are.
Our 5 brands (Juniper, Pilot, Kin, Software & Compound) focus heavily on personalising the experience for different demographics and are powered by a growing team across 5 countries (Australia, UK, Germany, Japan, and the Philippines).
We’ve raised over $100M in funding from Aussie and San Francisco investors who were early backers of Uber, Canva and AirBnb. With plans to launch into several more markets, offline channels, and tackle new conditions, we’re looking to continue building our team of executional weapons who are passionate about healthcare, aren’t afraid to work hard, and invest in others through direct and honest feedback. This approach enables us to make the most impactful changes to improve the health of millions of patients globally.
Read more about our approach to solving healthcare and what we value here.
We’re looking for an incredibly talented generalist to level up our executive team. As Chief of Staff to the CEO & COO, you’ll build the system of decision making and prioritisation that will allow our execs to reach a new stage of professionalism, maturity and effectiveness.
You’ll support the CEO & COO to align the company around our strategy by building system of information flows, collaboration, decision making and accountability in the executive team and then the whole company. You’ll craft messaging to the Board and the team, to build alignment and motivation around our goals. You’ll also dive deep, leading or supporting heads of functions to execute on the toughest problems. You’ll receive mentorship from the CEO & COO, get exposure to executive decision making and work one-on-one with senior leaders.
About the role (What you will be doing):
Your main job will be to build a system to ensure our leaders are focused on the most important challenges, ingesting the right information, making high quality decisions, and aligning our teams around a concise vision. You’ll own the executive team’s agenda and guide our ways of working so that we can perform at the highest level.
- You’ll need to move between strategy, systems building and execution across all functions in our org. The learning curve will be steep, but you’ll develop a unique perspective on the challenges in the business and play an integral role in solving them.
- You’ll also build a system of communication and reporting to ensure teams are accountable to goals. You’ll own how information flows into and out of the executive team and will craft communications to leaders, team members and the Board.
- You’ll work directly with the CEO & COO to take challenging projects off their plates. You’ll plug gaps in their skills and execute on projects they can’t take on themselves. The work will be varied and novel and you’ll need to be incredibly adaptable.
- You’ll help to ensure the CEO & COO remain focused on what matters and execute at pace.
- Finally, you’ll build an executive support function of remote assistants to super charge the executive team.
About you (Who you are):
- 4-6+ years in a high performance environment, whether that is consulting, banking, technology or a high growth startup.
- Experienced and comfortable working with senior leaders / Boards
- Adept at complex project management and communication at an executive level
- Able to ingest large volumes of information and distil them into concise priorities and plans
- Structured and focused, even when faced with unclear instructions or uncertainty
- Strong financial understand and commercial nous. You can build a quick model or sense check numbers
- Willing to say uncomfortable things with deliberateness and empathy
Why you should join Euc
- Our teams are incredibly passionate - Our talent bar is high and our work ethic is strong. You’ll get to stretch yourself everyday and work amongst people who care deeply about our patients. You’ll be given autonomy to tackle interesting problems and receive regular feedback from a supportive team
- We move at incredible speed - You’ll work with team mates who build in the open by sharing their work freely, this helps us learn and iterate quickly so we can deliver high quality outcomes faster than our competitors. You’ll spend a lot of time outside of your comfort zone learning and iterating frequently, we wouldn’t have it any other way
- We will invest in your career - You’ll get access to an annual professional development budget, mentors and buddies to ensure that you have the support you need to level up. You can expect regular performance and pay reviews as your career grows
- We are all owners - You’ll be given equity to ensure that you are able to benefit in the upside of your contribution in helping Euc grow. Your ideas will be valued regardless of your role, you will have ownership over the projects you work on which will feel both terrifying but extremely fulfilling
- We play as hard as we work - From our annual Eucalympics (Olympic themed decathlon), monthly health & fitness allowances, free weekly barista coffees, funded social clubs, quarterly rooftop parties and weekly catered fireside chats, we know how to let our hair down!
- We’ll have your back when you need us the most - You’ll be able to lean on a range of leave offerings to support you when needed, this includes: personal health and professional development leave, a generous parental leave that offers 20 weeks paid leave for a primary carer, additional miscarriage leave (see more on Kin Fertility’s #WeNeedMoreLeave campaign), as well as our Employee Assistance Programme
At Eucalyptus, we value individuals from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, and we embrace the unique qualities each person brings. When you apply, please let us know of any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.