Head of People
At FrankieOne, we are on a mission to redefine identity verification and fraud prevention across the world. Serving an expansive client base across 120 countries in a multitude of sectors—from banks and fintechs to gaming and beyond—we provide best-in-class onboarding and fraud detection solutions. Our diverse and impressive clientele includes industry heavyweights like Shopify, Westpac, AfterPay, and Binance, as well as the fastest-growing fintechs. With approximately $50 million in funding from the world's largest VCs, including AirTree in Australia and GreyCroft in the US, we've solidified our position as a trusted global leader.
But what really sets us apart is our dedication to the mission. We are fiercely committed to protecting customers and minimising their exposure to risk. We strive to provide a trusted, scalable experience that not only meets regulatory requirements but also genuinely makes people smile. When you join the FrankieOne team, you're joining an energetic, hoodie-wearing, compliance tech-geek team that loves nothing more than solving big problems and dreaming big in the process. We move fast and fix things, because that's what it takes to help global companies do big things, fast.
We are looking for an experienced and driven Head of People to join the FrankieOne team. Working in a fast moving high performing team you will drive the people function to ensure Frankie can attract, develop and retain market leading talent.
As a member of the FrankieOne Leadership Team you will bring innovative people practices to Frankie. You will have strong stakeholder and influencing skills to rapidly drive change and programs of work to ensure Frankie meets and exceeds its growth objectives.
You are analytical and use data to support your decision making and prioritisation of work within the people strategy with the CEO. With leaders, you drive goal setting and development to ensure the Frankie team meet their potential and grow with the organisation.
Your background will allow you to design and implement people operations programs that promote a positive and productive culture. You’re also a project manager with an eye for detail and a knack for problem-solving.
If you are looking for a role where you can truly make a difference and leave a lasting impact on the organization, this is your opportunity!
Your ticket to success:
- Own the function. You complete the strategic planning and management of the People & Culture function. You define, monitor and deliver quarterly Objectives and Key Results to ensure we achieve our desired goals.
- Focus on experience. You build a best-in-class talent brand and employees experiences, implementing technology, scalable processes and building people capability to ensure their successful implementation. You are comfortable operating with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Be the change you want to see. Responsible for the employer brand externally and our employee engagement internally, you are a role-model for the culture and our values. You’re prepared to challenge, coach and provide feedback to leadership and the broader management team to ensure our values are role-modeled from the top.
- Collaborate: You work closely with the executive team to create a supportive and inclusive environment where the team feels inspired and valued through initiatives such as access to learning and curriculum, benefits programs, company celebrations/events, and more. You will also manage all people related internal comms.
- Be a people leader. You will proactively manage your team. Achieving steady improvements in the ways of working. You will also coach and manage junior and senior talent as appropriate.
- Be an advocate. For Frankie, for the product, for our people, and for our values.
In a previous life you have:
- 10 years total experience in People & Culture.
- 3 years + exposure to a startup /scale up ideally from Tech (FinTech highly desirable).
- Led the development and implementation of the People and Experience strategy, policies, and procedures.
- Experience building or working with a global resourcing model - including Employers of Record, BPOs and Global Contractors.
- Experience utilising HR tech including HRIS and Engagement products (Intelli & Culture Amp).
- Built and maintained strong and trusted relationships with staff, stakeholders and the Leadership team.
- Developed and managed people processes across the employee lifecycle (e.g. onboarding, performance and learning).
- Build, led and facilitated in-house training.
- Established and maintained a positive work culture and environment, monitoring and reporting on the effectiveness of People and Experience initiatives
- Completed a relevant degree, such as a Bachelor of Business, Human Resource Management.
Our benefits & ways of working
Pick your own tech. We want you to be comfortable with your technology. That's why every employee is given an allowance to purchase the technology they want. Team PC or Team Mac, we won't judge!
Ongoing Development Opportunities. We pride ourselves on our culture of continuous development and learning.
Hybrid Working: We come together 3 days a week so we can maintain our vibrant office culture. Part of the Stone & Chalk startup ecosystem, our offices come with a LOT of perks and community events including weekly breakfast, fortnightly 'Chalk Chills' drinks and 'Sweet Spot'.
Enhanced Parental Leave. We offer up to 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers and 4 weeks for secondary (with the option to swap in if needed) & flexible public holidays.
Team Building & Social Events. Trivia or board game fan? We have you covered. We run regular team building and social events to maximise collaboration across teams.
MERCH: On starting, you will receive a coveted Frankie hoody and t-shirt.
Creating a diverse and inclusive culture is fundamental to our success here at FrankieOne. We welcome and value all religions, national origins, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, marital status, age profiles, and those with specific needs. We are also aware that women and other marginalised people may only apply if they tick every box. However, even if you don't meet every single point on our job description, as long as you meet any essential criteria, and are motivated and curious to learn then please get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and take it from there!