The next chapter of our growth story needs YOU!
At Go1, we have grown from humble beginnings into the world's largest aggregator of educational content. We give organizations and their employees access to the largest curated e-learning library on the planet. Millions of people are using it to unlock their positive potential. We're endlessly curious, collaborative, and inspired by life-long learning. Although we have different backgrounds, we share the same vision; to reach a billion learners as we unlock positive potential through a love of learning. We owe it all to our people. Every win… every idea… every extra mile. They've made us who we are. And there's so much still to do – so much opportunity for you to own. Together, we're on a path to improving a billion lives and a culture where everyone can thrive.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payroll, remitting payroll taxes and government reporting as well as preparing monthly, and year-end payroll statements for Australia, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia, and the United States.
As a Payroll Officer, you will be individually accountable to:
- Preparation of monthly payroll from end to end for our APAC and US entities
- Ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently and compliantly
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data to maintain and update payroll information
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages and reporting on this
- Determining payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income, social security taxes, employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments
- Preparation and payment of monthly and quarterly bonus / commissions across all global entities, regions, and divisions within current time frames, ensuring payments align with current bonus policies
- Preparation and management of companywide salary increases
- Preparation of reports for Finance for month end processing
- A good working knowledge of preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, payroll clearing accounts, employee provisions and all other payroll related accounts
- Monthly reconciliation of integrations between our multiple systems, highlighting and addressing any discrepancies as and when they arise.
- Work harmoniously with external parties such as fair work, external payroll and financial advisers, auditors, and tax consultants
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a multi-country payroll function
- Exposure to HiBob, Employment Hero, DATEV, PayFit and/or NetSuite would be highly regarded
- Experience implementing a new payroll system would be highly regarded
- Familiarity with relevant payroll and tax laws in Australia, Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia and the US
- Ability to plan, prioritize and work independently to achieve goals and deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a wider team
- Exceptional time management and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Dynamic team member, with strong interest in fostering effective collaboration within and external to the organization
Perks and Benefits
What makes Go1 special? Every one of our employees. When we work together, great things happen! When you join the Go1 team, you not only get to work with an outstanding bunch of people, but you're also supported to continue your own personal growth and development in an inclusive and flexible environment, with benefits including:
- Competitive incentive plan in addition to salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Flexible approach to work
- Monthly work from home or transport reimbursement
- One time work from home office set up budget
- Unlimited access to the Go1 Learning Hub, and mentorship program
- Professional development fund
- Volunteer leave to give back to the community
- PTO + Wellbeing days
- Flexible public holidays - take the days off that are important to you, swap out the ones that are not
- Family planning & parental leave, plus support for parents returning to work
- Wellness initiatives and an Employee Assistance Program
- Free on-site snacks and weekly lunch
We are committed to facilitating a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodations, we welcome you to let us know so we can work with you to participate fully in our recruitment experience.