Senior Data Scientist
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Friday, December 8, 2023
About Us 🚀
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of the fastest Australian companies to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and a valuation of AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of the Immutable Platform, the preferred developer platform for building & scaling web3 games on Ethereum, and Immutable Games, a global leader in web3 game development and publishing with leading titles Gods Unchained and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space! 🚀
About The Role 🤔
Due to exciting growth, we are now hiring a Senior Data Scientist. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will play a pivotal role in empowering our Product, Engineering, Design, and Marketing teams to harness the power of data for strategic decision-making. Your expertise will drive our studio and platform towards success as you engage in quantitative investigation of user interactions, evaluate feature effectiveness, and deliver insightful recommendations.
We are looking for a driven individual who is looking to take their career to the next level and is passionate about transforming data into actionable insights!
You’ll Be Empowered To 🎮
- Ensure data-driven decisions are made across the Studio, Marketing, and Product teams by providing valuable insights and analysis
- Conduct quantitative research and analysis of user interactions, identifying patterns and trends that can inform strategic decisions and improve the platform and studio
- Assess the success of different features, measuring their effectiveness, and providing recommendations on optimising them to enhance the user experience and achieve business objectives
- Develop and implement predictive models to forecast user behaviour, inform product development, and drive targeted marketing efforts
- Create visualisations and generate reports that effectively communicate insights and findings to stakeholders, helping inform decision-making across the organisation
- Collaborate with various teams, including Product, Engineering, Design, and Marketing, to ensure that data analysis and recommendations align with the overall business strategy and objectives
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in data science and related technologies, ensuring that the company remains competitive and innovative in its approach to data-driven decision-making
We'd Love You To Bring 🤝
- Advanced SQL skills
- 3-5+ years experience in Data Science or a closely related field
- Proficiency in data analysis, modelling, and visualisation
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Interest in emerging technologies
Bonus Points For ✅
- Game or Product marketing expertise
- A/B testing and experimentation
- Proficiency with Looker
- Monetisation design
A bit about the team:
This role will be part of the Immutable group data function. This team is responsible for sharing knowledge, monitoring performance and progress of products, identifying valuable insights, facilitating collaboration across global teams, promoting best practices, and democratising data by empowering people to use it.
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting the best global talent:
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer USD $500 WFH allowance to set up your home office and USD $600 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to USD $1,350 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy USD $800 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave when you need it the most:
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
*A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered, so there is no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!
Join us in shaping the future of web3 gaming!