Staff Data Engineer
Linktree’s Data Engineering team is at the forefront of transforming the way Linktree leverages data, working closely with the insights, data platform product and marketing teams to become truly data driven.
As a Staff Data Engineer at Linktree, you will be the driving force behind scaling how data is consumed at Linktree. Not only will you be modelling some of our most important data sets to gain insights, such as the data that helps us understand the driving factors behind the success of our product or our revenue, we take self-service one step further. You will also build the platform that can be used by Data Analysts, Marketers, Engineers and anyone else who is interested to model their own data to fit their specific needs and not be dependent on a data team.
This is your opportunity to make an impact at Linktree and push the boundaries of what is possible with data self-service!
Location Expectations: Hybrid. We're growing our team in LA and the Bay Area, and plan to have offices in both locations. We expect team members to come into their respective office 2x/week.
What You Will Do
- Build the platform that allows data analysts, product managers, marketers and other heavy data users to model their own data as well as making that data available in tools of their choosing, such as product analytics tools, BI tools, an experimentation platform or our CRM system.
- Continue leading the transformation to make data a first-class citizen in software development at Linktree. This includes defining standards and providing guidance to product teams who emit the vast majority of our data.
- Build and maintaining robust, efficient and integrated data models. We don’t believe that Analytics Engineers should be painfully cleaning up after others and deal with bad data all day long, if you are faced with a “garbage in, garbage out” situation, you will work with the engineers in our product teams to come up with a better way to emit the raw data.
- You will also provide support to other data users including peer-reviews, training and acting as a data modeling/SQL/dbt SME across various business initiatives.
What We Are Looking For
- A platform mindset. Data teams main focus is not to do repetitive data transformation and integration jobs for others. The team builds the infrastructure and tools that allows Linktree to perform these tasks at scale by enabling all teams to perform data-related jobs themselves.
- You understand data-driven product development and have experience with the typical tools used by high-performing product teams, such product analytics, experimentation, but also general purpose BI tools.
- Experience in data modeling with the ability to translate business requirements to fit for purpose data products for critical use-cases (reporting to the board, understanding key drivers of product success).
- Experience operating at scale. You have worked on data systems that power a product that serves hundreds of millions of active users.
- Proficient in SQL and experience with working on cloud-based warehouses (experience in Snowflake is a bonus), as well as working with DBT.
Linktree is committed to providing a competitive compensation package. Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $175,000-$225,000 in the San Francisco Bay or Los Angeles area. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate expertise, the scope of role and level, and may vary from the amounts listed above.