Insurance Support Specialist
We’re on a mission to provide the best insurance experiences, at the best price, for the world. We launched in 2016 to build a global, AI-powered platform that digitises the entire insurance process, making it transparent, less costly and more reliable. In 2022, the AFR Fast 100 recognised us as Australia’s 7th fastest growing company but the best is yet to come – we plan on doubling growth in 2023. We also believe in using business as a force for good, Open is proudly a certified B Corporation.
Our team thrive on solving problems to revolutionise insurance and have a ‘no excuses’ attitude when it comes to putting our customers first. We have a high performing team with an open and enabling culture that attracts the best creative and critical thinkers. This is the chance to join without the need for years of work experience, we will provide you with the tools and support systems to help kick-start your career. Join us and let’s build the future of insurance together.
How you will do this:
- You will be someone who is empathetic, customer-focused and prides themselves on providing a world class customer experience.
- You'll ensure that customers receive an amazing experience when trying to finalise their insurance requirements.
- Explain clearly the features and benefits gained when setting up their policies with Open, not only from a product perspective but the benefits for the community and the environment.
- Actually have a say in the direction of the company! We value transparency in our business, we value your advice, and we pride ourselves on effective communication across the business.
- Be Tech-Savvy! You love technology and embrace the future.
- Maintain a high standard of compliance and ethical decision making.
- Work closely with the broader team to help us achieve our goals.
- This role is Monday to Friday on a rotating roster. No weekend work is required.
What you'll bring:
- Experience within customer service, administration, or technology.
- You will have a positive attitude, driven nature and the ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- You are a great problem solver with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to build rapport quickly with an engaging and respectful telephone manner.
- Excellent active listening skills with an ability to effectively question, influence and educate.
- Ability to prioritise workload and make timely decisions to manage your files accordingly. Highly developed planning, organisation and time management skills with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Flexibility and receptivity to change - you thrive in agile, fast paced environments.
- Strong administration skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
It's an exciting time to join our team and be part of a tech company going through a hyper-growth phase. We provide our team with:
- Highly competitive compensation, including share options - we believe in paying people what they’re worth and having everyone in our company share in our success
- Growth opportunities internally - as you grow, your role can too
- Flexible working (2 days at home)
- Annual allowance for professional development - use it towards a gym membership, coaching, professional conference
- A one-off work from home allowance so you can set up to work comfortably from home
- Weekly team lunch, and regular social events
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for all employees. Lastly, Open is a high-performing team that strives to achieve brilliant things every day and we encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match the job