Marketing & Communications
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2023
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
Do you love a pun? Can you craft witty and emotive yet clear marketing messages across a range of digital channels? Are you locked-into the ever changing world of social media and able to concept trend-based content that builds brand awareness while driving key brand messages? If that sounds like you, then you may be the right fit for our newly created Creative Copywriter role at Pet Circle.
The Pet Circle Brand and Creative team is a skilled group of designers, brand marketers and creatives, working to elevate the shopping experience for pet families across Australia. As the Creative Copywriter, you will be responsible for bringing our tone of voice to life through written communications, working across all marketing channels including onsite (product description and marketing copy), social, paid media, mass media and branding campaigns, as well as supporting and internal communications. Working closely with traffic managers, buying team, social media and customer service stakeholders, you will craft customer-led headlines, scripts for video content, both short-form and action-driven content, in support of all copy briefs across Pet Circle.
- Owning creative copywriting across all key channels providing snappy, concise and intriguing marketing copy to drive customer engagement
- Writing weekly concepts and scripts across brand, product and campaign, with a focus on writing scripts for video and short-form content
- Write and curate SEO friendly onsite content edits and product descriptions, to help customers discover and shop our range
- Work with our vet, social team and People/Culture team to generate organic content for Pet Circle’s social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Opportunity to flex-up into writing for brand campaigns, including ATL and TVC
Your Ideal Skills and Experience
- Have a knack for quickly understanding how a product works and why a customer would love it
- In-depth understanding of how to write for different channels, different customers and different objectives
- Flexible and adaptable, to adjust tone of voice to meet all briefs
- Being passionate about copywriting in conjunction with a love of pets
- The ability to work independently and efficiently whilst maintaining a strong level of quality and attention to detail
- Adaptability and resilience in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Able to foster strong working relationships to drive consensus across creative projects
- Feedback driven, open and collaborative ways of working
- Strong written communication skills are a must
- Proficient computer skills (experience using Excel and Google Suite is an advantage)
Awesome Looks Like
- Demonstrated marketing copywriting experience with a minimum 3 years working in-house or within an agency
- Previous copywriting experience in retail / eCommerce experience highly regarded
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- Working collaboratively with the wider marketing and agency teams to ensure effective campaign integration Stay up-to-date with relevant cultural and industry trends to identify creative opportunities
- Managing reporting to assess effectiveness against business and marketing goals
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 2 days in our pet friendly CBD offices and the remainder working from home (or the office, if you prefer!)
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
We’re Better Together
We operate with Humble Hearts and Hungry Minds
We truly believe that Pets Matter; pets and pet parents always have a seat at our table
We’re Instinctively Curious. Always
What else is in it for you?
A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people.
Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
Pet Better with up to 50% employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave.
Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support our communities through team charity volunteer days.
We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started!At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.