Warehouse Team Leader (Weekend)
Eastern Creek NSW 2766, Australia · Goose Creek, SC, USA · Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Pet Circle is Australia’s fastest growing pet eCommerce retailer. We service customers across all states to deliver their pet needs straight to their door!
We are currently hiring for a professional and reliable Warehouse Team Leader to join our growing team at our Eastern Creek fulfilment centre (2766). As a Warehouse Team Leader your role is critical to the success of our business where you will be challenged daily to improve areas of safety, efficiency, performance, culture and customer experience.
You will be part of a collaborative team working within an environment where you are given every opportunity to succeed and progress your career.
You will be dedicated to motivating your team to achieve daily targets, maintaining high standards of quality, and promoting a safe working environment.
We are looking a Weekend Team Leader to support with our Weekend Shift with hours ranging between 6am and 10pm on Friday through to Monday (inclusive of Saturday and Sunday).
What you will be doing...
• Assist the Operations Manager in the overall running of the fulfillment centre.
• Coach individuals to improve quality and output by frequently observing standards and providing team members with important feedback.
• Motivating team members to achieve KPIs.
• Evaluate team members performance and assist with performance assessment and development against KPIs.
• Leading by example ensuring all Work Health Safety (WHS) standards are the highest priority within your team.
• Ensure all team members are following our standard operating procedures.
• Provide team members with supervision and act as an escalation point for any issues that arise on shift.
• Provide daily team briefings to facilitate the daily outcomes.
• Complete end of shift reports accurately.
• Execute end of day tasks such as housekeeping to ensure a smooth transition for the next shift.
• Reporting and submitting documentation on all performance or safety related matters for managerial follow up.
• Experience in a similar team leader role in a fast-paced warehouse environment (B2C or eCommerce preferred).
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with individuals and in cross-functional teams.
• The ability to keep your finger on the pulse by supervising your team over a large work space, and always monitoring team's performance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Safety focused with general knowledge of WHS policies and procedures.
• High attention to detail and confidence to execute decisions.
• Can do attitude, reliability, commitment and a strong work ethic.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
• Forklift license desirable.
Pet Circle Benefits...
💰 Above Award pay
📣 Safety-first culture
🏅 Employee of the Month Values Awards (Cash Prizes)
🔥 Monthly on-site recognition BBQs
🚗 Free parking onsite
🕒 Overtime shifts available
🐶 Staff discount on all of our pet products
🍔 Free weekly lunches
💥 Work with an amazing group of Team Leaders, Supervisors and Managers
We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started!
At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.