In-House Veterinarian and Content Creator
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, January 8, 2024
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
Are you a registered Australian vet with a passion for educating pet parents? Do you enjoy flexing your creative skills alongside your clinical knowledge? Not afraid to be in front of the camera? Then you might be the right fit for our newly created in-house vet content creator at Pet Circle.
The Pet Circle Vet Squad is a team of over 20 vets working together to help Australian pet parents take the best possible care of their furry, finned, feathered and scaled family members. We do this through a variety of mediums including direct channels like email, live chat and video chat, as well as working with our Brand and Creative team to develop written and video content.
Our team has a diverse range of experience and special interests including small animal general practice, mixed practice, feline medicine, unusual pets, preventative health, nutrition and behaviour. While the majority of the team work remotely, we collaborate daily to ensure the best outcomes for our customers.
The Pet Circle Vet Squad operates on a Best for Pet philosophy; we never ask our vets to recommend a product or service that they deem unsuitable for the pet's health and well-being.
• Work with our Brand and Creative team to develop content for use across a variety of platforms including TikTok, YouTube and Instagram. This will include having input on scripts, through to appearing on camera.
• Provide general advice and support for Pet Circle customers via live chat, email, video call and phone.
• Appear as a spokesperson for Pet Circle for media engagements.
• Attend photoshoots and events involving animals to ensure their welfare is upheld at all times.
• Provide pet education and advice internally to a variety of teams and professionals within the company.
Your Ideal Skills and Experience
• You must be an Australian veterinarian with current registration in New South Wales
• Minimum 2 years clinical experience in small animal practice
• A passion for educating pet parents to take the best care of their pets
• You must be confident appearing on camera and taking direction
• Strong communication skills are essential
• The ability to work collaboratively and take on feedback
• Adaptability, resilience and openness to change and new challenges
Awesome Looks Like
• Previous experience in creative industries
• Demonstrated ability to produce engaging content, eg. for social media or YouTube
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 3 days in our pet friendly CBD offices and the remainder working from home (or the office, if you prefer!) From time to time you may be required to attend other sites for content creation, photoshoots and other engagements.
• We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
• We’re Better Together
• We operate with Humble Hearts and Hungry Minds
• We truly believe that Pets Matter; pets and pet parents always have a seat at our table
• We’re Instinctively Curious. Always
What else is in it for you?
• A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities! We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people.
• Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
• Pet Better with up to 50% employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave.
• Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support our communities through team charity volunteer days.
We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started! At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.