IT, Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
We’re looking for an experienced digital business analyst to work in our mobile app team. We have an ambitious plan to take our digital customer experience to the next level and this role will be at the heart of that journey. You will have a passion for our pet customers and keep them at the core of everything you do. The mobile app is an integral part of our digital vision and you will play a key part in bringing this vision to life.
- Provide analytical capabilities to solving problems, break up work into epics and user stories and support the broader Squad in delivering solutions to solve customer and business problems.
- Take innovative and data-driven approaches to solving complex, exciting problems while putting the customer experience first.
- Collaboration across the team, having a joint role in unblocking issues helping prioritise the sprints and identifying any dependencies
Success Looks Like
- Supporting the Product Manager in maintaining and optimising the initiative and epic product backlog in line with business prioritisation and product strategy.
- Working closely with data insights, customer research and the tech leads to understand customer and business problems and then translate into requirements and high-quality user stories, including personas and acceptance criteria, ensuring the stories can be tested functionally and non-functionally.
- Thriving in a fast paced environment focused on providing a simple and ultra-convenient service for our customers, taking innovative approaches to solving complex, interesting problems while putting the customer experience first.
- Providing a framework for the Squad that supports and facilitates a collaborative approach between the business and the squad to deliver targeted solutions.
- Supporting the squad members in project activities when necessary, demonstrating flexibility to jump roles to serve the team.
Your Ideal Skills and Experience
- You are an experienced Business Analyst and technologist with a strong Agile delivery background and a passion for everything digital/online, alongside a proven track record launching digital products.
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to derive insights from data reporting systems such as FullStory, Google Analytics and Looker
- Strong skills in running workshops to break down epics into stories, working on MVP, acceptance criteria, teamwork
- Data driven but able to make judgement calls when necessary and be able to elicit information from stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated capability to think strategically, understand business dynamics, and manage large amounts of data.
- Ability to manage multiple complex initiatives through various stages of development and approval
- Experience in Jira/Confluence for managing boards and project documentation.
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of up to 4 days per week in our pet friendly CBD offices and the remainder working from home (or the office, if you prefer!)
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
• We’re Better Together
• We operate with Humble Hearts and Hungry Minds
• We truly believe that Pets Matter; pets and pet parents always have a seat at our table
• We’re Instinctively Curious. Always
What else is in it for you?
• A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
• We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people.
• Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
• Pet Better with up to 50% employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave.
• Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support our communities through team charity volunteer days.
We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started! We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.