Talent Acquisition Partner
Software Engineering, People & HR
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Monday, February 5, 2024
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
Our People and Culture team is a high energy, high impact group who are enabling all business functions across Pet Circle to grow, develop and support their teams effectively as we continue to scale. We are seeking a resourceful, service oriented talent professional to partner with our team to execute on Pet Circle’s people-based growth plans. With a particular focus on our Technology, Data and Product, you will constantly challenge how we do things and always be looking to attract and secure top talent. You will work with your teams to help grow our employer brand awareness amongst the tech community across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
• Work on end-to-end recruitment across your functional areas (Tech, Product and Data) and contribute to other hiring when needed to further your knowledge of Pet Circle and to support the business
• Proactively headhunt and pipeline candidates for future roles. You’ll build and maintain a network of strong talent across all levels (senior leaders through to entry level talent)
• Deliver an exceptional candidate experience, keeping candidates updated on role progress and future opportunities to join the Pet Circle team
• Test innovative and creative ways to source talent. You’ll be thinking outside the box to grow our talent brand in your space - think tech meetups, hackathons and more!
• Work with Hiring Managers across all of our areas with a particular focus on Tech, Product and Data to develop comprehensive job descriptions, candidate briefs and best in class interview frameworks
• Provide market insights to your stakeholders to ensure we remain competitive and up to date with talent trends
• Contribute to our workforce planning process and inform stakeholders around strategies to attract, secure and retain top talent in their areas
Onboarding and Other projects;
• Support Hiring Managers to develop onboarding plans for new employees ensuring they are well supported throughout their onboarding period with us
• Lean into other initiatives to drive both the Talent Acquisition function and Pet Circle forward. This could include employer branding and DE&I
What Success Looks like
• Internal stakeholders feel the Talent Acquisition function is a trusted business partner
• Top talent aligned with our values and ways of working joins Pet Circle
• Our brand awareness and engagement with candidates increases
• You are providing regular key market insights to your hiring managers on changes in the market and recommendations
• All candidates leave with a positive impression of the Pet Circle Talent Acquisition process
Your Ideal Experience
• Ideally 5 years experience leading end to end recruitment from brief taking through to candidate placement (experience with onboarding is highly desirable)
• Strong recruitment experience, particularly working on Technology, Product and Data roles
• Demonstrated experience in creatively sourcing and attracting talent in a talent short market
• System savvy: you are very quick to learn new systems and tools (e.g. ATS platforms, LinkedIn and candidate databases) and continuously strive to automate and improve the recruitment process
• Problem solver and comfortable in a fast, changing environment: you will bring a creative approach to sourcing for candidate short roles, you will have worked creatively across LinkedIn, industry-specific job boards, referral networks or events to source top talent
• Humble, practical, can-do attitude: you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves to support the People and Culture team and the wider business with ad hoc projects and hiring that is outside your area of expertise
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 3 days in our pet friendly CBD offices and the remainder working from home (or the office, if you prefer!)
• We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re an innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
• We’re Better Together
• We operate with Humble Hearts and Hungry Minds
• We truly believe that Pets Matter; pets and pet parents always have a seat at our table
• We’re Instinctively Curious. Always
What else is in it for you?
• A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
• Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
• Pet Better with up to 50% employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave.
• Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support our communities through team charity volunteer days.
• We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started!
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.