Supplier Marketing Lead (Retail Media and Partnerships)
Marketing & Communications, Sales & Business Development
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
At Pet Circle, we want to create a world where pets and their families are healthy, happy and spend more time together - and we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that!
Over the past ten years, we’ve scaled to become one of Australia's Top 5 eCommerce companies and the No.1 player in the Online Pet industry. We will accelerate our growth as we continue on our mission to disrupt the way that pet parents discover & shop for the products they love.
The pet industry is booming (it’s a $15billion dollar industry!) and pets are holding bigger spaces in our hearts and homes than ever before. Online penetration of the pet industry is going to grow exponentially in the next 5 years. This is a unique opportunity in your career to be part of our exceptional growth story!
Founded and headquartered in Sydney, our team is now over 700 people strong and are based across Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
Our Brand and Creative team is a skilled group of campaign strategists, designers, brand marketers and creatives, working to elevate the shopping experience for pet families across Australia. We are looking for a Supplier Marketing Lead to join our team in a newly created position to support the expansion of our in-house supplier and vendor marketing services, to drive the adaptation of our new Retail Media offering.
In this role, you will own the strategy and execution of supplier marketing and partnership campaigns, working hand-in-hand with our Supplier Marketing Account Manager, Brand Director, Category Managers, Business Managers and our suppliers, to bring to life impactful retail campaigns, which support the growth of suppliers on Pet Circle. You will spearhead the creation of market-leading ideas for our suppliers and be equally competent in digital, social and traditional media channels, with a strong understanding on driving retail performance and overseeing creative brand executions.
If you enjoy developing partnership/brand strategies for business growth and producing campaigns, from concepting, planning, pitching, negotiation, production, resource planning management including setting (and keeping!) to timelines, budgets and deliverables, to post-campaign performance and insight, then this could be the perfect role for you.
To be successful in this role you’ll need a minimum of 8+ years in an integrated marketing agency or media outlet working across branded content or partnerships, managed brand campaign budgets of $500k+, have excellent sales and negotiation skills AND you must love animals!!
What you'll be doing:
- Own the sales and negotiation across all Supplier and Partnerships, driving incremental growth of our Retail Media offering
- Lead supplier marketing team, including developing strategy for our offering, managing yearly budget and revenue targets, and supporting supplier/brand growth targets
- Support cross-functional teams in their negotiation and planning of yearly budgets
- Lead the creation and updating of pitch packs, rate cards and creative solutions, working closely with Brand Director and Channel leads, to support growth and PC goals
- Work with marketing, your team, category management and suppliers to develop monthly supplier marketing campaigns in line with key sales campaigns
- Develop and pitch creative bespoke campaigns, with input from Brand Director, for top tier brands to meet brand objectives and deliver retail performance growth with support of Supplier Marketing Manager
- Support category management team in supplier agreement negotiations and manage execution of marketing deliverables
- Oversee creative execution and support campaigns managed by Supplier Marketing Manager
- Collaborate with and share information across teams
- Attend supplier planning sessions and present supplier marketing recommendations built on in-depth customer focused rationale
- Respond to reporting requests and manage the upkeep of all relevant reporting systems
- Work with our product/tech team to develop new supplier marketing features/placements on our website
What you'll need:
- Exceptional sales and negotiation skills with the ability to ideate and pitch across multiple channels and categories
- Strong creative/strategic ability, able to take client goals and translate into customer-facing campaigns
- Strong marketing and project planning skills across key media channels (onsite, social, digital, traditional, etc.)
- Strong ability to build strong professional relationships with suppliers
- High-level presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Organisational skills - the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate a passion to do great, innovative work and inspire others
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Awesome Looks Like…
- Minimum 8 years working in-house or within an agency.
- Previous experience in Retail, eCommerce or Media is a must.
- Proven experience working with partners/clients
- Track-record of growing clients both individually and portfolio
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and deadlines concurrently
- Work collaboratively with the wider marketing and agency teams to ensure effective campaign integration.
- Manage reporting to assess effectiveness against business and marketing goals.
At Pet Circle we believe that collaboration and team connection is key for success. This role will be based in Sydney with a blended working arrangement of 2 days in our pet friendly CBD offices and the remainder working from home (or the office, if you prefer!).
We’re passionate about what we do and our love for pets is the centre of our why. Becoming a pawsome Pet Circler means you’re committed to help shape an entire industry - pretty exciting stuff! We’re a stable, innovative and low-ego group of people who relish challenges and aren’t afraid to do what’s right. Here’s what we stand for;
• We’re Better Together
• We operate with Humble Hearts and Hungry Minds
• We truly believe that Pets Matter; pets and pet parents always have a seat at our table
• We’re Instinctively Curious. Always
What else is in it for you?
• A focus on you and your development - think learning tools, stretch projects, focus groups, secondments and other internal mobility opportunities!
• We’re committed to flexibility and understand that it means different things to different people.
• Your wellbeing is non-negotiable. We seek to provide a collaborative, caring and safe environment, allowing you to present your full self each day.
• Pet Better with up to 50% employee discount, product sample giveaways and Pawrental leave.
• Join us on our animal welfare mission: we donate 10,000kg of pet food and supplies per month to pet shelters and support our communities through team charity volunteer days.
We have an incredibly passionate team, a leading brand, over 700,000 customers and growing, and we’re only just getting started!
At Pet Circle, candidate experience is of utmost importance. We have been recognised as a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every application.
Belong at Pet Circle
Our unique expertise unites us to achieve our goal of helping pet parents, pet better. We value diversity in all forms and perspectives, always. Our global team is highly valued for all that they offer, we listen to each other and create a humble and inclusive environment for all to thrive. No matter your background, please apply if our roles ignite an excitement in you to bring your full self to work each day.