Global Strategic Account Director
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Monday, February 6, 2023
Global Strategic Account Director
Location: Remote - US
Who We Are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By ushering the agriculture industry into a new era!
Founded by globally recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — supporting industry leaders, from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, remote sensing and AI to deliver customized, site-specific, scalable solutions to the agri-food industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agri-food and agtech (Cargill, General Mills, Nutrien, Unilever), ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Galvanize Climate Solutions, Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), TIME Ventures, Main Sequence Ventures (MSEQ), and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there. Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 1.2B acres of land (10% of global arable land). This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
How you'll make an impact at Regrow
Regrow is looking for a Global Account Director passionate about delivering sustainability impact with customers in the agriculture space! In this role, you will lead partnerships with some of our biggest and most strategic global customers. As part of the GTM and Customer Success Team, you will build, expand, and nurture this customer partnership to drive sustainable impact through customer satisfaction, adoption, retention, and revenue expansion. You will lead and coach a team of global CSMs collaborating on delivering success with this customer and bringing critical market perspective back to the organization to evolve our best-in-class solutions. A successful candidate brings a track record of developing and growing strategic accounts or partnerships with large, global enterprise customers, preferably in the sustainability, food/CPG, retail, or agriculture space. You bring experience building a global customer strategy that centers around their strategic initiatives and mutually beneficial outcomes and over-delivering targets. You bring with you a passion for driving sustainable impact and partnering with strategic customers, as well as expertise and thought leadership in the carbon/ESG food/agri/tech/farming spaces. Last and not least, you bring experience managing or coaching individual account managers/CSMs toward driving results. To be successful in this role, you will thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with gray space and room to contribute and build. You are comfortable working with new and evolving technology that is revolutionizing the marketplace. Experience in start-up SaaS environment will be an asset. This role reports directly to the Global VP of Customer Success and has dotted-line accountability to the full account team supporting your strategic customer account. You will be responsible for building an actionable Account Plan within the first 90 days that illustrates the growth potential of your account/s and a plan of action to realize the potential. You will also work with the product and leadership teams to define strategic opportunities for growth and eliminate dependencies to achieve significant growth expectations. We are looking for someone who has a strong customer-centric philosophy and is savvy at negotiating 7 and 8 figure deals with a strategic approach to partnership.
What you will do
- Manage the company’s biggest and most strategic account(s) with an emphasis on thought leadership, developing a long-term strategy, nurturing the relationship, expanding revenue opportunities as a critical partner, leading renewal activities and negotiations
- Actively engage, network, and partner with senior executives (VP & C-level) and decision makers to nurture and grow the relationship with key account(s), particularly in QBRs and strategic ABRs
- Lead a global team of responsible AMs/CSMs delivering against a common strategy you have set for the account(s) - non-direct reports
- Monitor, track, and report (Internally and externally with the customer) against delivery of key account metrics to meet mutual ROI objectives in collaboration with CSM/account team
- Deliver thought leadership and critical market insights back to the organization to support innovation and product development. Serve as an expert in understanding proper use cases in the complexities of Agtech, Climate Tech and the nuances of Agribusiness and the emergence of Carbon Markets across adjacent industry segments and in relation to Regrow Solutions and roadmap
- Enhance our key account planning process by illustrating org charts, strategic attack plans, relationship heat maps, and creative plays and match relevant business unit leaders with Regrow executive members to help to multithread our relationship
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams as needed to drive co-innovation, co-marketing activities, product, etc
- Attend relevant events and customer meetings in person to grow the relationship when needed.
- Participate in meetings as an SME in Regrow’s product and solutions
- Achieve and exceed OKRs around customer success, revenue quotas, and strategic initiatives
- Use the tech stack (including CRM) to document all accounts, customers, and opportunities that inform a highly detailed forecast process
- 8 years + in account management, enterprise sales, or similar customer-facing and quota-carrying experience, preferably in a transferrable sustainability space and Enterprise SaaS
- Experience holding and negotiating a multi-million dollar quota and proven success in mutual growth of partnership ROIExperience building, modeling, pricing, negotiating, and closing complex deals
- Experience in regenerative agriculture, carbon, ESG or transferrable sustainability spaces
- Proven results as a strong leader and coach for team member
- Passionate and interested in the regenerative AgTech landscape, enough to carry on value-based conversations with the community directly
- High EQ with an empathetic style, strong critical thinking skills, adaptability, and ability to thrive in a mission/purpose-driven culture
- Action-oriented, self-driven and team player
- Excellent communication skills (verbally and written) and experience working and communicating in a global environment
- High energy, self-motivated, excellent storyteller, and a culture leader
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and solving problems
Desired Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Experience leading, expanding, and renewing Enterprise solutions in Agriculture Technology
- Growth orientation and a bias toward action
- Eye on the big picture growth, not transactional in mindset
- Deep commitment to building an ethical, world-class company that can change the world through its technology
- Remote working environment in a very fast-paced environment with a high level of ambiguity
Envision Yourself Here
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.