Senior Technical Program Manager
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, August 19, 2023
Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: Remote - US Time Zones
Who we are
We are a climate tech company committed to reversing climate change. How do we reach this lofty goal? By disrupting the agriculture industry!
Founded by globally-recognized innovators in science and ag technology, Regrow is unlocking the power and profitability of resilient agriculture across the supply chain — from growers to global food brands. Regrow combines best-in-class agronomy, soil and carbon modeling, and innovative data collection to deliver customized, site-specific and scalable solutions to the agrifood industry.
Our customers are frontrunners in agrifood and agtech, ranging from global market operators, project developers, global food brands, and independent farmers. We help partners measure their impact on the environment, model and implement changes that will be environmentally and financially sustainable, and track partners’ progress against sustainability goals.
We're backed by leading investors, such as Microsoft's Venture Fund, Cargill, The Grantham Environmental Trust (NCO), AJAX Strategies, and more, all of whom believe in our vision to change the world through resilient agriculture.
Agriculture has the power to reverse climate change. We believe science and technology can help us get there.
Our goal is to use farmland to cool the earth. We are currently monitoring 1.2 billion acres of land in over 45 countries. This year alone, with just one project, our carbon emissions reductions are equivalent to taking 17,000 cars off the road! We are already on our way to a more sustainable planet.
How you'll make an impact at Regrow
Regrow is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to play a critical role in ensuring the successful delivery of our products by working closely with our Science, Engineering, and Product teams. You will be responsible for overseeing the end-to-end development and delivery of complex technical projects, ensuring efficient execution, effective communication, and alignment with our business goals. As the founding member of this team, the right candidate for this role is ready to build out this function at Regrow from the ground up.
What You Will Do
- Execute and improve the processes and tools that inform the daily life of technical teams
- Drive coordination between product development teams and internal stakeholders to prioritize the team's backlog and plan its release roadmap
- Identify risks to the team's delivery, mitigating them where possible
- Own the data around the health of each team's project and ticket backlog
- Know when a project/team requires more hands-on management and know when it is time to operationalize and develop a process framework for the project and/or team(s)
- Champion the adoption of experimentation methodologies, fostering a culture of evidence-based decision-making within the organization.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement by conducting retrospectives to help identify areas of growth and learnings within and across teams
- Recognize patterns in a sea of information and take action accordingly
- Expand knowledge into new domains as called upon
- In 1 month you will understand Regrow’s R&D platform and be fully ramped on engineering/science development processes.
- In 2 months you will be actively partnering with your key stakeholders on executing these processes
- In 3 months you will have begun identifying areas for improving the team's operations, building consensus for improvement, and have an implementation plan for bringing these changes to fruition
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong analytical skills with proven results
- 5+ years working in a technical capacity and/or in a project or program management role working with full stack development teams using a variety of project management techniques
- Knowledgeable of agile methodologies and experienced with implementing project management best practices
- Capable of deep user empathy and adept at balancing product goals and engineering constraints to deliver impactful experiences
- Proficient in grasping the infrastructure of technical platforms, and skilled at identifying the technical interfaces between teams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to adapt style and delivery for a variety of audiences
- Fluent in leveraging data for decision-making and able to become a go-to authority on experimentation and metrics
- Able to maintain a strategic view of our software engineering processes even while executing on the daily operations of the team
- Inspired to innovate in areas where automation can replace manual work. The team works with JIRA, Asana, and Google Docs so programming or administration proficiency with any of those tools is a plus
- Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of engineers, scientists and stakeholders
- Hyper-organized and capable of juggling all of the data associated with projects and task-tracking
- Driven by an attuned sense of priority and urgency to ship features and experiments to gain meaningful insights about our users
- Interested in learning everything about Regrow
Envision Yourself Here
Does this sound like your dream job? If so, go ahead and apply for the position and we’ll be in touch. We appreciate your interest in Regrow.
While it may go without saying once you see the diversity on our current team, we encourage diversity on our team at all levels of the company. We are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive environment and to encourage these values in everyone on our team. We provide an environment of mutual respect where opportunities are available without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion for people from all walks of life is key to our success as a company.