Sr. Software Engineer (Front End Focused)
Secure Code Warrior
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Tuesday, February 14, 2023
Our mission at Secure Code Warrior is to make the digital world safer by helping companies secure their software through developer-driven security. In a nutshell, Secure Code Warrior gives developers the skills to write secure code. Our learning platform is the most effective secure coding solution because it uses agile learning methods for developers to learn, apply, and retain software security principles. Over 600 enterprises trust Secure Code Warrior to implement agile learning security programs, deliver secure software rapidly, and create a culture of developer-driven security.
To make our mission possible, we’ve brought together individuals passionate about software, security, connection, and collaboration. We are a venture-backed, global remote-first company with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Iceland, and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Secure Code Warrior, visit www.securecodewarrior.com.
We are seeking a Senior full stack Software Engineer to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a proactive and engaged team member with excellent full-stack engineering skills and a passion for delivering high-quality work. They will actively participate in internal demos, retros, and communities of practices and be responsible for establishing and promoting coding standards and best practices.
What You Will Do
- Deliver high-quality engineering work, including initial discovery, analysis, estimation, planning, coding, and testing activities.
- Monitor alerts and participate in support roster and critical ticket resolution.
- Take part in and run “brown bag” sessions to share knowledge.
- Be an honest and engaged team member
What You Will Bring
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Strong knowledge of NodeJS
- Hands-on experience with TDD
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Docker, CI/CD
- Knowledge and exposure to Agile practices
- Comfortable with pair programming daily
You Will Stand Out If You Also Have
- Knowledge of Angular and React
- Knowledge of other programming languages, particularly Java and Python
- Knowledge of MongoDB or similar document databases (NoSQL)
- Knowledge of microservices architectures
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring & alerting (ideally Datadog)
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!