Secure Code Warrior
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Posted on Thursday, October 19, 2023
Our mission at Secure Code Warrior is to make the digital world safer by helping companies secure their software through developer-driven security. In a nutshell, Secure Code Warrior gives developers the skills to write secure code. Our learning platform is the most effective secure coding solution because it uses agile learning methods for developers to learn, apply, and retain software security principles. Over 600 enterprises trust Secure Code Warrior to implement agile learning security programs, deliver secure software rapidly, and create a culture of developer-driven security.
To make our mission possible, we’ve brought together individuals passionate about software, security, connection, and collaboration. We are a venture-backed, global remote-first company with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Iceland, and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Secure Code Warrior, visit www.securecodewarrior.com.
The Product Manager will be responsible for our developer-focused learning activities and experiences. There is an expectation that this individual will be able to speak the language of development and security and understand the needs of developers as a key persona for their work. They will be responsible for experiences including everything from interactive walkthroughs to challenges and interactive coding labs and also own the vision of providing best-in-class learning experiences to devs.
We are looking for candidates who are interested in exploring and enhancing both developer experiences and our underlying technologies as part of a team of product managers, designers, content managers, and engineers. In particular, the successful candidate will help define the vision and strategy and grow this key strategic area of the product.
What You Will Do:
- Driving the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your strategic domain
- Meeting with customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders like Customer Success and Sales teams to drive innovation in your domain.
- Assessing the competitive and market landscape to inform decision-making.
- Determining, developing, measuring, and analyzing metrics to drive insights, inform the roadmap and iterate toward the best outcomes
- Working collaboratively with engineering, design, product, product marketing, and other functions to define work, plan and record demos, and other go-to-market activities.
- Driving the improvement and execution of themes, features, processes, and initiatives to improve user engagement and experience.
- Providing leadership to cross-functional teams and direction to the enterprise in long-range strategic planning to address complex business issues.
- Evangelizing the product both internally and externally, shepherding products through the development process, and advocating to achieve the best outcomes.
- Contributing to scaling a great Product team that values collaboration, meaningful work, diversity, equity, curiosity, and impact
What You Will Bring:
- A minimum of five (5) years of SaaS product management experience with extra points if that experience is focused on developers as a key persona
- A willingness to quickly learn secure development practices and e-learning platforms. Any prior experience here is helpful.
- Startup experience is valued highly
- Strong understanding of, or interest in, coding practices and coding pipelines
- Demonstrated experience working on web software projects
- Ability to generate clear thinking from thousands of data points
- Curiosity and an ability to think strategically and creatively, with a demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers and users will love
- The capacity for self-motivation, self-discipline, independent initiative, and creative problem-solving.
- A growth mindset and openness to new ideas with an interest in providing and receiving feedback
- An ability to navigate and provide clarity in ambiguity
- The ability to influence through persuasive written and verbal communication, allowing you to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail and strong technical intuition, as well as the ability to set and manage expectations at the executive level.
- An interest in working with teams and individuals based in offices in Iceland, Belgium, and Australia, as well as other remote locations, and an ability and interest to collaborate with those in other time zones.
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!