Technical Product Manager
Secure Code Warrior
Posted on Thursday, October 26, 2023
Our mission at Secure Code Warrior is to make the digital world safer by helping companies secure their software through developer-driven security. In a nutshell, Secure Code Warrior gives developers the skills to write secure code. Our learning platform is the most effective secure coding solution because it uses agile learning methods for developers to learn, apply, and retain software security principles. Over 600 enterprises trust Secure Code Warrior to implement agile learning security programs, deliver secure software rapidly, and create a culture of developer-driven security.
To make our mission possible, we’ve brought together individuals passionate about software, security, connection, and collaboration. We are a venture-backed, global remote-first company with offices in Australia, America, Belgium, Iceland, and the United Kingdom.
For more information about Secure Code Warrior, visit www.securecodewarrior.com.
Secure Code Warrior is moving quickly from a startup into a scaleup. We are currently seeking a Technical Product Manager in Bruges who will join a team that is developing the vision, strategy, and roadmap for their strategic domains. This role will work alongside a team that is responsible for our core learning product and will be a key contributor to building and enhancing the offering.
The Technical Product Manager will be responsible for our developer-focused learning activities. It is expected that this individual will be able to code, in order to fully understand the developer’s perspective and to use the platform's functionality. It is important that they can speak the language of development and security, and understand the needs of developers as key persona for their work. This individual will be responsible for experiences from interactive walkthroughs to challenges to interactive coding labs.
We are looking for candidates interested in exploring and enhancing the ways in which we deliver learning content, as part of a team of product managers, designers, content managers, and engineers. The successful candidate will help to refine our product vision and grow this key strategic area of the product.
Please note: This is a hybrid role. We are looking for candidates based in Belgium who can come into the Bruges office at least 1 day a week.
What You Will Do
- Driving the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your strategic domain
- Meeting with customers, prospects, and internal stakeholders like Customer Success and Sales teams to drive innovation in your domain.
- Assessing the competitive and market landscape to inform decision-making.
- Determining, developing, measuring, and analyzing metrics to drive insights, inform the roadmap and iterate toward the best outcomes
- Working collaboratively with engineering, design, product, product marketing, and other functions to define and plan the work, plus support the creation of go-to-market materials.
- Driving the improvement and execution of themes, features, processes, and initiatives to improve user engagement and experience.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams and providing direction to the enterprise in long-range strategic planning to address complex business issues.
- Evangelizing the product both internally and externally, shepherding products through the development process, and advocating to achieve the best outcomes.
- Contributing to scaling a great Product team that values collaboration, meaningful work, diversity, equity, curiosity, and impact
What You Will Bring
- A minimum of five (5) years of SaaS product management experience. Experience with products focused on developers as a key persona is highly desirable.
- A willingness to quickly learn secure development practices and e-learning platforms. Any prior experience here is helpful.
- Startup experience is valued highly.
- Strong understanding of, or interest in, coding practices and coding pipelines
- Demonstrated experience working on web software projects
- Ability to generate clear thinking from thousands of data points
- Curiosity and an ability to think strategically and creatively, with a demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers and users will love
- The capacity for self-motivation, self-discipline, independent initiative, and creative problem-solving.
- A growth mindset and openness to new ideas with an interest in providing and receiving feedback
- An ability to navigate and provide clarity in ambiguity
- The ability to influence through persuasive written and verbal communication, allowing you to lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail and strong technical intuition, as well as the ability to set and manage expectations at the executive level.
- An interest in working with teams and individuals based in offices in Iceland, Belgium, and Australia, as well as other remote locations, and an ability and interest to collaborate with those in other time zones.
You're joining us at an exciting stage in our journey, and are key to our future success. You’ll have the opportunity to create impact, deliver on your ideas, and use your spark; experience and expertise to help us live long and prosper.
Warriors have full flexibility. We appreciate that you’ll do your best work when you’re rested and energized. With our business operating globally, there’s no 9-5 grind at Secure Code Warrior. You’re encouraged to work the days, times and in the way that suits your best. We also offer generous leave and work from home options so you can make work work for you.
We’re a tight-knit team that values humility, diversity, giving back to the community and to each other. Giving back is key to being a Warrior, and we do what we can to make the world a little bit brighter as we work to make it more secure.
Diversity. Inclusion. They’re more than just words for us. They’re the hard-and-fast principles guiding how we build our teams, cultivate leaders and create a company where every single person feels safe and celebrated. We have a global, multicultural following—we want to reflect that inside our walls and ensure people come as they are, we like it that way!