Senior Software Engineer
Transcelestial’s vision is to improve the connectivity experience for the next billion people. We believe that connectivity is a human right and Transcelestial is on a mission to solve the problem of internet distribution and provide affordable, high-speed internet to everyone.
Transcelestial’s next-generation wireless laser communication technology is one of the most effective solutions in the distribution of high-quality, high-speed internet connectivity, making it well-poised to solve civilization’s long-term communication needs - and ultimately improve connectivity for 1 billion users globally.
Highly reliable and secure, its light-weight, shoe-box sized CENTAURI device leverages its proprietary laser technology to create a wireless distribution network and can be quickly, easily and cost-effectively installed on any standard telecom pole or tower at a faster time-to-market than standard fiber-optic cable.
Over the longer-term, Transcelestial aims to develop a constellation of small satellites positioned in Low Earth Orbit, allowing their laser network to not only beam across cities but upwards to connect continents across the world too.
- Lean & Simple. Our products are simple to use, we focus on what matters, we solve issues one by one and we spend smart.
- Approachable. Whoever you are, wherever you come from, don’t be shy! The best ideas can come from anywhere in the organisation.
- Supportive. We are a bunch of smart individuals delivering at their best working in teams. If you face an issue, you can be sure someone will jump in and help you.
- End user obsessed. Customers and end users are at the core of everything we do.
- Relentless innovators. Our technology is at the forefront of innovation. We are curious, we question everything, we love research and are passionate about the next big thing.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Senior Software Engineer
The Software Team is responsible for working across the technology stack to develop and maintain the software architecture of Transcelestial’s products. This position reports to the Head of Software Engineering and takes ownership of software elements running on the manufacturing line.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Implement new features and maintain existing software with a focus on quality and automation
- Interface with the hardware, mechanical, optics, electronics and software R&D teams to co-ordinate the validation and commissioning of new manufacturing software
- Drive the improvement of manufacturing software based on user input, feedback, and data analytics
- Respond timely to urgent software issues on manufacturing line
- Improve manufacturing data collection for better analytics
- Create test documentation and build software prototypes
- Prepare reports of results and conclusions for management
What you will bring:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in the field
- Work Experience: 5+ years in technical programming roles
It is a bonus if you have:
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills, especially in unfamiliar and time-sensitive situations with limited resources.
- Solid working knowledge of Git and Linux (Debian).
- Proficiency in programming in Go.
- Strong ability to make engineering trade-offs and assess risks with respect to business objectives.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and presentation skills (ability to communicate ideas and designs to your peers).
- Ability to thrive working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated past experience working with the command line.
- Good working knowledge of the integration of test platforms and industrial automation.
- Prior experience developing tests (unit tests, integration tests, etc.) and/or working with hardware testing.
- Prior experience working with Docker.
- Prior experience working with REST or gRPC APIs.
- Prior experience working databases including NoSQL and/or RDBMS.
- Prior exposure building web UIs (React).
Our Hiring Process and what to expect:
- 30-60 min video call with one of our Talent Acquisition Partners, so we can get to know each other better
- 60min coding interview with 1 member of the Software team.
- 60 min video/in-person interview with the Hiring Manager of the role, so you can understand the role, the team, your future manager better.
- 60 min video/in-person interview with CTO to understand overall company objectives and business trajectory.
What’s in it for you:
- A competitive salary and stock options package
- Personal Macbook laptop
- Unlimited Annual Leave
- Comprehensive and top-tier health plans
- Daily lunch allowance in office
You should include in your application
- Your CV, and/or LinkedIn page
- Links to projects or other work which will definitely impress everyone
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Thank you for your interest in joining Transcelestial. We cannot wait to meet you!
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards including the SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, Forbes 30 Under 30 and Prestige 40 under 40 for our CTO Dr. Mohammad Danesh, Edge 35 Under 35 to our CEO Rohit Jha, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Kickstart Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and others.