Head of / VP of Sales (Global)
Sales & Business Development
Southern Asia · East Asia · Oceania
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Who We Are
90 Seconds is a global video creation platform for the world’s biggest brands. 90 Seconds allows brands to create quality video content anywhere in the world, at scale. 90 Seconds revolutionizes the way video production is managed by simplifying the complexity of video production. This is done through our unique technology, including an end-to-end suite of collaboration tools, which helps brands connect and track offline video shoots back to an automated online workflow.
We provide brands access to more than 13,700 creators in over 160 countries and 900 cities across categories including videographers, directors, editors, animators, drone operators, photographers, and many more.
Today, with over 40,000 videos created for the world’s biggest Brands across multiple sectors - from Amazon to Unilever, Deloitte to Marriott – our vision to create the world’s leading cloud video production platform still remains at the heart of everything we do.
We’re a 10-year-old company at the Series B+/Pre-IPO phase, have been through self-funding, then 6 years of Venture capital partnering with Sequoia Capital, Airtree Ventures, SIG, and others. We’ve had years of high growth, a dip, and recovery and are now growing as a profitable company with good margins, strong balance sheet, and about 40% growth YoY.
We are looking for the top sales leader in our 10 years+ global video creation tech organization, reporting to our CEO, where you’ll be a key player in the senior leadership team. The role will be either Head of Sales or VP of Sales depending on experience and/or progression in the role. We’ve had founder lead senior sales leadership for some time, and while that founder is still in a key senior growth role, we are looking for an outstanding and experienced executive to lead with operational excellence and strategic execution.
You will be leading a current team of 14 including account managers, business development managers and some very senior and experienced enterprise leaders & players in certain geographies and market niches. This team will grow in line with sales performance, we operate in a near uncapped market, it’s all about execution. You will lead from the back through data driven management and operational cadence, and lead from the front developing a strong and successful sales team culture and relationships, and using your experience in helping to increase conversion and expansion of larger deals.
Location & Timezone Management
We have a very global customer base including 200 of the world’s largest companies, and the team is geographically strategically located to service these customers from bases in Singapore, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, United States, and Australia. While you likely can only be based in one place along with some limited travel, driving and supporting the team remotely across time zones is essential for success, and in the company’s DNA. If by chance you have more flexibility and are more mobile, you can certainly locate yourself in different time zones at various times throughout the year to maximize closeness and cross-over with various teams, and this is seen as a benefit.
We’re a remote first company by design and our organisational systems reflect this, and are more timezone and locale focused to meet our global customer needs, but also have clusters of people in some key locations like our HQ in Singapore. We’re open to your exact location, but we just put the customer and team collaboration experience first.
Role Support & Collaboration
In terms of supporting and enabling the sales org, you will also be working hand in hand with our dedicated Revenue Operations & Sales Development teams which drive the sales operations & lead generation through Hubspot, ZoomInfo, and an array of other tools in our tech growth stack, of which they are experts. You will also be working in collaboration with a small but nimble marketing team, as well as lighter but transparent collaboration with product and other functions.
- Drive Sales Strategy & Playbook: Build the playbook and systems to drive high levels of operational performance in enterprise sales.
- Enhance Operational Performance: Work with and run the sales team, partner with and lift the sales team leaders, and drive consistent operational performance and results.
- Scale Enterprise Sales: Lift the standards of the Enterprise Sales capabilities and organization and get it scaling, systematically expanding through; industries, use cases, niches, geographies and team.
- Grow Customer Love & Retention: Advance our account management capabilities and team to unlock the near limitless potential of our elite customer base of the world’s biggest companies, with the goal of having all our enterprise customers on a subscription.
- Expand Business Development: Work with the team to secure and target new business enterprises both from new buying units from within the logos we have (new departments or buying units in our other geographies), and new logos.
- Secure Bigger Deals: Develop the formula to unlock the winning of more 7-figure and multi-year contracts from the world’s biggest companies.
- Scale & Lead the Team: Expand, train and retain a highly skilled, diverse and effective sales team. Lead the team through clarity of direction, focused execution and team effort.
- Deliver the Numbers: Take responsibility for accurate forecasting, deliver on or above the company’s revenue forecast, and deliver the key success metrics that drive sustainable revenue and growth.
- Be a great cross-functional partner: We operate as one global team, and you are a key leader within the organisation.
Who you are
- Some of the things we value;
- Several years of successful sales leadership with experience operating in a rage of company stages and scaling and managing sales teams and ideally enterprise size customers.
- Demonstrated leadership success in a high growth startup/scaleup (90 Seconds is currently at the Series B+ / Pre-IPO stage), managing $20M++ revenue, where you’ve been the top sales leader and built through to a larger team, and know first hand what it takes at each stage.
- Ability to build the system, not just administer the system.
- Ability to interact and be effective at senior management, regional C-level of major international corporations.
- Executive-level, charismatic presence with the ability to establish relationships with key customer stakeholders, influencers and decision-makers.
- Ability to coach, grow and influence others in a fast paced and diverse environment in terms of organisation culture, experience and seniority.
- Proactive approach to management and ownership and accountability, with proven ability to build successful teams.
- Get stuff done attitude with the necessary drive and work ethic to maintain our high velocity as the company grows.
- Strong analytical skills, able to explain and support decisions with data, including conducting scenario and sensitivity analysis, and reporting against models.
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- Be the Customer. Know, listen and live the experience of the customer. Think, talk, see, and ask like the customer. Then create value and build trust with the customer.
- We are live. Our team is nimble, focused, and ready to act together now to create value for the customer, that is live in over 100 countries.
- Own it. We are all owners. We focus on the core problems and opportunities that drive sustained success. We agree on a path, own the outcome, and do whatever it takes together.
- Focus on what matters. Know the goals, know the numbers, know what matters, and prioritize. Visualize it for everyone so that you can align the team and make it happen.
- Be Courageous. Have the courage to drive change for the business and don’t be afraid to take a risk and feel the burn.