Digital Growth Lead
At Spaceship, we're on a mission to transform the way people think about and invest their money. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy for everyone. In 2023, we launched a new US Investing service.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1.3 billion in funds under management – but we're just getting started.
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious Digital Growth Lead to drive the strategy and execution of Spaceship’s growth ambitions. Spaceship has spent the last year developing its growth infrastructure and product line up, and we’re now ready to scale the brand to the next level through a wide range of growth strategies.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to VP of Marketing, as Digital Growth Lead, you will be responsible for overseeing and improving the customer acquisition and retention at Spaceship. We’re looking for someone who can plan, develop and drive a multi-year growth strategy, and also execute on the strategy through a wide range of growth mediums and activities. More specifically, you will be leading and executing on the following streams:
- Strategic Planning: Owning the development and execution of Spaceship’s growth marketing plans by translating business goals into results-oriented growth initiatives. This also includes understanding Spaceship’s target audience and personas, developing data-driven hypotheses, designing experiments, developing campaign strategies, and driving execution of campaigns
- Customer Acquisition: Developing and executing customer acquisition strategies using a variety of paid channels including paid social, SEM, referral, affiliates and other growth channels
- Retention and Lifecycle: Using email, SMS and push notifications to nurture leads, improve lifecycle flows and drive retention of Spaceship’s engaged customer base
- Growth Analysis and Reporting: Utilising data and experimentation to understand benchmarks, and measure the impact of your deliverables, and developing reporting on key metrics to forecast, measure, analyse, and report on the impact of growth strategies
- Creative Collaboration: Working closely with the Content and Creative team to bring to life innovative and targeted advertising campaigns aligned with Spaceship’s positioning and messaging
- Support Growth Technology: Leveraging Spaceship’s MarTech stack (eg. Segment, Iterable) to maximise value from current and prospective customers
- Partner Relationships: Owning and managing the relationships with agency partners and channel partners
- Product Growth Support: Working cross-functionally with Product to develop product features, improve processes, and drive engagement, loyalty and growth - ensuring key interactions in the lifecycle trigger actions that increase funding, product penetration and utilisation
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a dynamic and experienced candidate to join the Spaceship team. We also welcome candidates from a wide range of backgrounds. To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- 5+ years of hands-on and strategic growth marketing experience, ideally marketing a digital product
- You are data obsessed and enjoy the technical side of growth marketing and have experience building and presenting growth reports
- You have worked in a startup environment previously and understand the fast paced nature of a start-up
- You have experience running growth marketing campaigns end to end, directly on digital platforms
- You have experience using email marketing tools and setting up nurture flows (e.g. Iterable, Braze, etc.)
- You have the desire to manage and be responsible for a function in a business but not necessarily manage a large team or people
- You have leadership qualities, and are comfortable being 2IC to the VP of Marketing
- You’re a team player
- You have excellent communication skills
Some nice to haves in this role include:
- Financial Services knowledge/experience
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Flexibility to work from home or the office
- Progressive leave entitlements (read about these here)
- Health and wellness benefits
- Learning and development allowance
- Working from home allowance
Who are we?
We are a ~40 people team passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $70m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.